Chapter 51: The End

Chapter 51: The End

LARA's POV

Few moments from now, I will hand over this crown to the next Miss University.

I'm wearing a violet sequenced gown that shows my bare back. My eye make-up is mixed with pink and brown eyeshadow. Light orange cheek blushed my cheeks, while a roxy red shade gave life to my lips. My hair was pinned back and parted nicely on the left. I wore my chandelier earrings and a diamond studded necklace.

I watched the girl in my mirror. She had proved herself to be a warrior against life's hardest battles.

I now believed in fairytales. Parang fairytale kasi 'tong buhay ko.

"Lara dear!" pagtawag ng event coordinator and signed that I'll be up within 5 minutes.

I remembered how I stand on that stage a year ago. I was forcing my lips to smile and catching my breaths. I felt the tension on the stage. I sensed the heartbeats of my fellow candidates. I heard the sighs. I heard the murmurs and the cheers of the crowd that night.

I became more tensed nang naalala ko ang panahong yun. Sheeze! Kinabahan tuloy ako.

"Go Nursing!"

"Candidate number 5! Go! Go! Go!"

"College of Arts and Sciences!"

"We love you Miss Nursing!"

"Criminology Rules!

"Accountancy! Accountancy! Accountancy!"

"Nursing! Nursing! Nursing!"

Kinakabahan na talaga ako nang marinig ang hiyawan sa labas. All I have to do is to walk my final walk and hand over the crown mamaya pero ba't kinakabahan ako?

After a while, the door opened and I saw the love of my life dala-dala ang paborito ko. Avocado Shake! He really knew I needed this cold treat.

"Thanks babe." sabi ko and he gave me a hug. Pampakalma daw. I fixed his collar.

"Miss Lara!" tawag ng coordinator.

Whew! Inhale! Exhale.

"Let us call on our Miss University 2014, Miss Lara Eunice Aneracion together with our Mr. University 2014, Mr. Amiel Saavedra for their final walk."

"We love you Mr. Hollywood!" sigaw ng mga fans niya.

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Go Amiel!"

"Mr. Amiel Saavedra is now a 4th year nursing student and is planning to work at Loma Linda University. He may hand over his crown tonight but he will always be our Mr. Hollywood. He believed in a saying: LIFE IS WHAT WE MAKE IT."

Well, oo. Mr. Hollywood nga siya dahil naging assistant siya ng supporting actor sa isang Hollywood movie na pinagbibidahan ni Steven Strait. Bongga diba? Na Mr. Hollywood na agad?

"We love you Ms. Playgirl!"

"We love you Lara!"

"Ms. Lara Eunice Aneracion is now a 3rd year Accountancy student. She may hand over her crown tonight but she will always be our beloved Miss Playgirl. She believed in a saying: YOU ALWAYS LOSE BY HOLDING BACK."

Totoo naman eh. Walang mawawala sayo if you keep on fighting, loving and striving hard. Never hold back. You might miss the opportunities that knock only once. If I believed in holding back, hindi sana ako ganito ka saya ngayon. Life will never be this meaningful and worthwhile.

"Before we will announce the winners for the Mr. and Ms. University 2015, Let us first hear the final words of our Mr. and Ms. University 2014."

Nagsihiyawan ang mga tao and I can see their glow-in-the-dark stuffs na winawagayway. Sa mga panahong 'to, the candidates are still preparing for their evening gowns.