But he wasn't here though. He has left for some work purpose last week and there hasn't been any contact since then. Ronan did not accompany him this time since he was busy with wedding preparations that was to be held next month. 
She has become so addicted to him that even a week feels like a month. She knew if he had been here right now, he wouldn't let her do any chore or even touch a thing. He was caring just like that. It was maddening and sweet at the same time. She had seen this side of him a fortnight ago. 

Flashback

These cramps were going to kill her sooner than later. She had severe dysmenorrhea from the beginning and that was the reason she had started taking birth control pills in her early teens because it helps relive some pain and maintain regularity. However some times were just unbearable. Like today.

It's almost afternoon and she hasn't even left her bed yet. She wanted to sleep but the pain didn't allow her to relax enough to get to sleep. Her mood just worsened over time so she decided to read the novel that was in her reading list for a long time but she didn't get time for it.

Roughly an hour later she was still sitting there, novel in hand and tears uncontrollably falling on the page when her door bell rang. She hastily rubbed her hands over her eyes trying to remove the tears and ran to open the door. 

As soon as Matt saw her, he knew something was wrong. Her face was stained with dry tears, she was still dressed in her night clothes and her hair was tied in a messy bun. His hand immediately went to the back of her head as she lunged at him, hugging tightly and started crying on his shoulder. 

'Mara what the fuck happened?', he asked in a panicked voice, not understanding a thing. She seemed normal and happy last night.

'Fred.... Freddy..... he died', she said in a hiccupped voice, still crying

Who the hell was Freddy? He has never heard that name from her mouth ever before. 

'Mara who's Freddy?', he asked her in a soft voice, stroking her chin as he settled her on his lap, making both of them sit on the couch

'Erica's cat'

Now who was that?

'Babe who is Erica?'

'Daniel's wife'

'Mara I am seriously confused now. Who are all these people? You have never mentioned them before', he asked in a total confused and alarmed voice. She was scaring him now.

'How can I mention them before? I got to know them today only', she said in a confused voice as if he was supposed to know about it

'Then why are you crying for them? And how did you meet them coz you haven't left the house yet'

'I did met them in my book', she said looking somewhat calm now

WTF?

'Book?'

'Well yeah they're book characters. I started reading that novel today and you just came when Freddy died', her voice breaking as if she was going to cry again. 

Now he definitely was alarmed. He put his hand on her forehead checking the temperature but it seemed normal. Next he checked the pulse on her wrist, it was normal as well. As a precaution he ran his hand all over her head as well, checking for any kind of bump but it wasn't there. Her eyes were red from crying but didn't seem feverish. What's the matter with her then?

'You were crying because the fictional cat of a fictional character's fictional wife died?', he asked feeling befuddled. As the answer she just nodded, even in this messy state looking absolutely cute and adorable. Her beautiful big eyes just gazing into his own.