CHAPTER 15

2 Months Later

Life sometimes takes such a drastic turn that you don't realize the difference between dream and reality. It's so beautiful that you want to keep it safe and protected in your heart forever. For Mara, time went forward so fast that she couldn't even grasp it. 
It's been two months since they got physical for the first time and it just feels better everytime after that. She hadn't even thought that such pleasures existed and that she would ever feel them. But Matt cherishes her, pampers her, loves her, care for her and does everything that no one has before. He has shown her a world that she could only dream about. Each morning brings them more closer emotionally while night makes them one, both physically and emotionally.

Not only she has gotten close to him but his family as well. Ava, his mom and she herself were literally inseparable whenever they were together. They talked for hours, laughed at Ava's childish antics, ate the most delicious and amazing dishes Isabella prepared and spent time just being crazy. She just loved them both so much. Actually everyone in his family. They all have accepted her so easily as if she was a part of them for a long time. 

Last month, her internship had finally ended and the good news was that she was given an appointment letter from the same hospital to join them as a junior surgeon. It was a really big opportunity and a big step towards her dream of becoming an actual heart surgeon.

When she got the news, she literally couldn't believe it. It took Matt a really long time to make her stop crying even though they were happy tears. His family was happier than her though, it seemed. Ava and Isabelle after knowing this news organized a surprise party for her, Matt already knew about it but he didn't even tell her. Well it was surprise but he could have hinted it atleast. She went there wearing pajama capris since she thought only Isabella and Ava would be there.

Isabella made all her favourite food, James gifted her a beautiful smartwatch and took her unofficial counselling session as well that irritated Isabella but Mara loved it. It gave her a feeling of conversations between a father and daughter. He gave her really good and beneficial advices for future planning. She liked that he was so serious about the careers of all his children, that now included her as well.

Ronan gave her the latest EarPod model while Ava gifted her a customized oversize T-shirt that says,
'DON'T MAKE ME ANGRY OR I WILL TAKE OUT YOUR HEART AS A EXCUSE DURING OPERATION AND WON'T EVEN RETURN IT. BEWARE OF ME AND THE GRUMPY HULK-LIKE ASSED BOYFRIEND OF MINE WHO HAS A PERMANENT STICK LOGDED UP HIS ARSE.'

It was so funny that she kept laughing the entire time while Matt kept glaring at Ava. She didn't seem concerned about it though. It was a normal banter for them.
The most special gift was from Matt though. He gifted her a framed picture of all of them taken on Christmas. The picture was candid and she was surrounded with people who made her a part of their family. Her smile was so big that she could feel her happiness radiating from the pic. At the bottom, words were written in his handwriting saying, 'I AM SO PROUD OF YOU, LOVE'. No one has ever been proud of her because no one was there. But now she had someone.
Later, he showed his love in private at his house all night long. It was so sweet and memorable.

For the first time, she felt like she had a family and the feeling was amazing. She didn't feel lonely or alone now. 

Today as she stepped out of the hospital, her mood and body weren't great though. With this new position, tons of responsibilities have landed on her shoulders. She has forgotten the last time she has slept or eaten peacefully. Her entire body especially legs were swollen and cramped from standing all day long. Her shoulder and neck had severe knots. It was really a blessing that today was Friday so she had the next 2 days off. The only thing she needed now was a good night sleep. She was so tired that she didn't even feel hungry. The only thing she craved right now was a soft, comfy bed and ......Matt.