CHAPTER 9

Ava was already sleeping since both of us were tired by our lengthy conversation. But I loved every second of it. We talked about everything and nothing, it was mostly her speaking and me listening. She has already declared me as her new best friend, which honestly made me emotional. I don't have any real friends unless you consider Naria who is more of a colleague, so this new title has me excited and nervous.

 She got to know that Ava was 24 and a corporate lawyer. Her profession suits her bold, smart and confident personality. She occasionally works for James's company where she met Ronan and both of them fell in love after what she called a 'love-hate relation'. They are engaged and planning to get married soon. Undeniably they're made for each other- both bold, good looking, extroverts and caring.

Even though it was midnight, she was tired and should be sleeping right now, thoughts were scattered all around her mind. She wanted to talk to Matt and thank him for giving her this family moment but was unsure of what to say. Her eyes went to the clock near the bed-12:08 pm- would he be awake? Deciding to follow her heart, she quietly left the room and went near his room. The door was slightly open and low light was coming through it. Hesitantly she went inside.

The scene in front of her however made her stand still and breathless. Matt, still fresh from shower was standing near his bed wearing only sweatpants that hung loose on his waist leaving his upper body bare. And holy god, his body was a piece of art. Broad shoulders, muscled veiny hands that were busy drying his hair from a towel, chiseled eight pack abs and muscles that were carved beautifully and artistically all over his body lead to a delicious V that disappeared in his pants. There was no smoothness about his body, only hard muscles and abs. His muscles were not the fake ones made from excess of gym, but rather the ones from hard physical work that required sweat and blood.

Being a doctor this wasn't the first time she saw a shirtless male body but seeing Matt in this way has again brought those butterflies in her stomach causing her to feel tingly

Being a doctor this wasn't the first time she saw a shirtless male body but seeing Matt in this way has again brought those butterflies in her stomach causing her to feel tingly. For once she deliberately wanted to touch him, to feel him touch her and .....

'Take a picture Mara, it'll last long', Matt said in an amused voice that immediately brought her out of his trance blushing as she realized that he has caught her gawking at him.

'I wasn't looking at that', she said looking at other direction but pointing at his chest that he was still proudly keeping bare.

'Really? Coz I swear I clearly saw you drooling over it. Some of it is still present in your mouth', he said with a smirk causing her blush to increase ten fold and vehemently shake her head in negative.

Her breath hitched as he came near her in slow but confident steps. She kept looking at the wall  beside as he stood right in front of her, brought one hand slowly to her head and grabbed her hair softly. Her heart beat was so loud when he slowly brought his lips near her ear that she wondered if he could hear it.

'If you want I can help you remove it from your mouth but with my lips'

She jerked hard and met his eyes that had a hint of smirk and a lot desire filled in them. So, she herself brought one hand near the corner of her mouth and finding no drool there, glared at him. Clearly, the glare wasn't angry or hard because he burst out laughing.