Watching Cody leave in the place of Kix didn't help with the guilt the medic was feeling. He leaned further into Jesse as they walked towards their car, the two hadn't been drinking due to Kix's medication. Jesse refused to touch alcohol knowing Kix needed to be watched. Howzer had personally asked Jesse to keep a strict eye on his brother. Of course, he accepted but on top of that he knew Kix needed space. 

Entering their home, Jesse watched as Kix stopped in the middle of their home staring at the boxes. 

"I want to leave" 

"We will, but after your brother returns" Jesse whispered, wrapping his arms around Kix's middle and laying his head on his lover's shoulder. 

"Jess?" 

"Hmmm…"

"I love you" 

"Love you too, Kixy. Now let's head to bed" 

Kix could only nod as he allowed Jesse to direct him into their bedroom. Kix immediately snuggled into Jesse's chest as the two thought about different things. Kix's thoughts were on Cody. 

A week later…

Tech froze seeing the results of his latest brain scan, he was cured. He gasped letting out a happy noise which stirred Echo, his husband sleeping beside him. He could only climb out of bed, kissing Echo's head. He grabbed his trainers, with a smirk he left the house jogging across the road. He took notice of Fives sitting on the front porch, he looked furious. 

"You okay?" Tech asked, knowing it was 05:30 in the morning. 

"Not really, had a fight with Hunter and Crosshair which led to Crosshair walking out. He went for a run. You okay?" 

"On his own, are you mad!" Tech immediately went into big brother mode. 

"Didn't have a choice. Thankfully, Wrecker was already on his way out and he went with Cross" Fives said with a tired smile. Movement behind him alerted him to Hunter who nodded at Tech, the engineer smirked. 

"Dare I ask, what are you doing up at this time in the morning?" Hunter whispered, he kissed Fives head in a silent apology. "Apologise to Tristan, then we will talk" Fives whispered to Hunter who nodded. 

"I came to see Tris, knowing he would be up for his job...I'm cured" Tech said with a grin full of joy as the two pulled him in for a hug. 

A good two hours passed before Crosshair reappeared but this time he wasn't entirely alone. Amber was holding his hand as he, Wrecker and Rose walked towards them. Hunter moved to apologise when Crosshair just ignored him, he ignored them all stalking into the house and grabbing something out of his safe. 

“Dare I ask what you are looking for?” Tech’s voice had Crosshair wincing as he hid the left side of his face. Tech tilted his head in confusion until Crosshair pulled what looked like a solution out of his safe, he instantly knew what it was. 

“Since, when did you have access to morphine!” Tech shouted louder than he was meant to. 

“Shh” 

“No Tris, I won’t. How long have you been using it?” 

“It’s not mine” 

“Tristan” 

“Caleb, I swear it’s not mine. I haven’t been using it” 

“Tristan” Tech warned, he knew his twin. Tristan had abused morphine in the past and he wasn’t taking second chances.