PT2 : Chapter 17

A few weeks passed, and Minho had already started working at the library, along with Seungmin.

Since he broke down in front of Seungmin, he has been really quiet. He didn't like to open up a lot, he also felt like a burden a lot when it came to his friends, knowing they had been around him a lot during his grief.

It wasn't what he liked the most, but working at the library was nice. It was peaceful, people that came in there were quiet and sweet, Seungmin was a nice colleague, things were going well. He usually arrived pretty early, before the library even opened, to tidy it up a bit.

Him and Seungmin were checking a few books before the opening, they had put a few songs to work with a nice ambiance. Seungmin loved working with music, and Minho didn't mind, they were used to doing this.

As Minho was softly putting a book back in its place, he froze for a moment, the song that just started on Seungmin's phone sounded awfully similar to a certain someone.

He turned back, putting his eyes on the phone and zoned out, completely immersed in the song.

'I'll gather my memories one by one

And cherish them in my heart

Your scent became the wind and flew far away

I'll remember it forever'

The lyrics sounded too close to home for him. But what bugged him the most, was the voice. He knew that voice, but he didn't want to realize who it actually was.

'In the days whеn every moment was beautiful and splendid

You were the main character in the movie called me

Yeah still rolling, you keep coming to my mind

Meaningless tears flow and keep holding me behind'

He was stunned, completely lost in the process of his thinking. He felt his own heart hurt at the painful feeling he could feel from the singing of the boy.

He couldn't even know what hurt him the most. The thought of Jae? The fact that the lyrics actually reminded him more of Jisung? The fact that Jisung had written such a heartful song? He had no idea.

'I'll wish you back

Sometimes I'm gonna get hurt

But I'll call you until you come back

Let's go back to those times, our day, day

To how it was, turn everything back, back, back'

Come back? Does Minho want to? He doesn't know. But why does it make his heart flutter, knowing that Jisung may want him back? Why does he feel like he actually would come back, just for him? Does he actually want to go back to those times? He does... He can't deny it. He can't deny the butterflies that spreaded in his belly at the only sound of his voice.

'This feeling won't go away by such words

Watering a withered flower won't make it bloom again

Even the pinky finger that made the promise not to be defeated

All disappeared and crumbled after your goodbye'

The goodbye... The single thought of seeing Jisung on the train, as he didn't wave back at him, hurt him like a bitch. He felt the tears rising at his eyes, remembering the hole in his stomach at that moment, the way he could have just run to Jisung, and engulf him in a hug, but his feet couldn't walk, wouldn't run. As if Jae was behind him, a hand on his shoulder, holding him back.