Chapter 11

The month was slowly ending, and the air between the two boys was degrading.

Both of them had thousands of unsaid words. Both of them felt guilty. Both of them wanted to comfort the other. But none of them was brave enough to do so.

Jisung was peacefully laying on the sand, his hand tracing circles on Minho's hand.

"Can I ask you a question?" He whispered

"Of course" Minho responded softly

"Do you... still love your ex?" Jisung asked, looking at Minho's eyes that were fixed on the sky. Minho paused for a moment before answering.

"Do you?" Minho asked back, not really wanting to answer his question.

"No" Jisung said "He was an asshole" He explained with a huff.

"Really?" Minho asked, turning his face to the boy, smiling softly.

"He was a manipulative narcissist bitch" Jisung said, an angry tone lacing his voice "He got me under his control for years, it was horrible" He explained, you could clearly see the pain painted on his face at the mention.

"What did he do?" Minho asked, his eyes softening.

"He controlled me. He made think that he could cheat without consequences, but I couldn't have friends, I couldn't even leave home without getting in trouble" Jisung said with a sigh "I had to cut off ties with my friends"

"Did he abuse you?" Minho asked, a concerned tone lacing his voice.

"Mentally, only"

"It's enough to be horrible"

Minho brought his hand to the boy's face, pushing the hair out of his face and soothingly caressing his skin.

"You don't deserve any of that" Minho simply said

"I attract assholes" Jisung blurted out, kind of mentioning Minho. He wasn't an asshole, Minho hadn't done anything to him, but he was unknowingly hurting him, and Jisung was tired of it.

"Am I one?" Minho asked curiously

"You did call me by your ex's name" Jisung answered with a dry chuckle

"Well, we aren't in a relationship, are we?" Minho asked, getting a bit annoyed.

"No... But still" Jisung defended.

Minho stayed silent for a bit, moving his gaze back to the sky

"I don't love my ex anymore, but I'm still attached" Minho said, his voice just above a whisper

"Are you hurt?" Jisung asked, as he watched his face closely.

"Deeply" Minho responded, his voice weak.

"I'm sorry" Jisung said, watching as a silent tear fell from Minho's eye "You deserve happiness as well"

"I wish I could" Minho said, sitting up and wiping the sand out of his clothes. "I'm gonna head back" He said, leaving just after, not even once looking back at Jisung.

Jisung stayed there, watching Minho's figure disappearing slowly.

He knew Minho wasn't mad at him, but he couldn't help feeling guilty, again. He was hurting him as well, wasn't he?

He sighed.

He felt despair.

He let his head fall in all kinds of thoughts that were tormenting him. He looked at the sky, his position still the same, trying to find a way to Minho's head and heart.

"Trouble in paradise?" Ryujin's voice took Jisung out of his thoughts. He looked at her and gave her a weak smile

"What?" He asked

"Between you two" Ryujin said with a soft voice "I saw Minho leaving, and you look terrible" She explained, giving him a comforting smile.

"Oh, we aren't a thing" Jisung clarified, and Ryunjin raised an eyebrow

"I'm sorry, I assumed" She apologized, and sat down next to him "Do you want to talk about it?"

"Well, it's nothing big... I just like him and I don't think he loves me back" Jisung said, feeling the tears prickling at his eyes

"I could swear you two were together, especially because of the look in his eyes when he looks at you" She explained with a soft smile. Jisung wanted to believe her, more than anything, but he knew he couldn't hurt himself like that

"I don't think so" He said with a sigh

"I'm telling you" She assured "Have you asked him?"

"No... But he said he doesn't date"

"Maybe that was before knowing you"

"He keeps on showing me how much it won't be like that" He explained, his voice wavering

"Why?"

"He called me by his ex's name"

"Oh wow... That's harsh"

"Yeah..."

"You know" She started, patting his shoulder "At first I didn't want to date Yeji. I thought that wasn't necessary. We had hookups and I thought it was enough"

"What changed?"

"She confessed, so I had to stop our situationship" She explained "But I couldn't bear to be far away from her, that's when I realized I liked her back"

"This is so sweet... I wish" He said, an envious smile on his lips

"Maybe Minho is like me"

"Or maybe he really doesn't want anything to do with me"