Crashing a Stolen Vehicle

Start from the beginning

I mean, if the monster...or creature...or whatever the hell it was wanted to help him so bad it would go to the trouble to sewing his shirt for him, why would it lie to him? It was frustrating beyond belief and made him all the more determined to find Iris.

The sooner this was all cleared up, the sooner...The thought was pushed out of his head, the smell of monsters fresh in his nose, not mixed with smoke, or food, and he looked down at the remains of the donut shop.

As it went up in smoke, he saw something that made him even more frustrated, but could hopefully answer his questions, as well as kill some time as he waited for a rainbow to appear. He said, "Maia" and shuffled his butt off the edge of the building he was sitting on.

He fell faster then he expected, barely able to slow down enough to stop himself from breaking his ankles, pain shot up his legs as he glared down at the two winged shoes, so battered and damaged that they barely had the capacity to carry him at all. He decided it was best to walk after that.

Because of that, and his fear of inhaling too much smoke, it took him a few minutes to reach the monster fry cook, crawling out of the fire into the back car park adjacent to the shop, barely reformed, still missing chunks of it's body, but walking on hind legs.

It walked like a penguin, like it's flippers were bigger then they actually were. "Hey." He said politely to the monster as it tried to quickly plod away from the burning building. It froze, like a cockroach, hoping it hadn't been seen, then turned it's head slowly to stare at him.

It's eyes went wide. "How are you doing that so fast?" He asked it, the dog monster just barked. "Talk! I know you can!" He said, a memory rising up in his head as he did, but fading so quickly he couldn't have make any of it out even if he knew what he was looking at, the monster whined in fear.

"Coming right up sir!" The telkhine said, "Yes, very sorry sir, shouldn't have stopped you sir, have a nice day sir, come again sir." Like it was rattling off every polite phrase it knew in an effort to do as he asked.

"How are you reforming so fast?" He asked, but the moment the question exited his mouth, he felt like he knew the answer. The telkhine looked around, like he was expecting to be shouted at, "With a stick!" It answered.

"Excuse me?" "With a stick!" He repeated. Making a stabbing motion towards his own chest, it took a second, but he realised that he actually had killed this telkhine with a 'stick' a chair leg. "That doesn't answer my question." The telkhine pondered this for a second, "Lady told me to." His brows furrowed.

His head was fuzzy, and for a moment he heard a voice in the back of his mind, "Don't." It warned. But he was too curious to listen to it. "What lady?" He asked, "Pretty..." The telkhine trailed off.

It's face going blank except a wide smile. "Who is it? The lady, does she have a name. Is it the woman in the ground-" He began to ask, before the feeling washed over him again. "Name? Said it was-"

It was a movement too sudden to stop, just like his dreams, his arms became numb. His whole body tensed and he could feel it happen, he began to reach for his ring, to kill the monster, luckily, that he did notice.

"Maia!" He said quickly, thinking fast. Trying to fly upwards so his body couldn't reach the monster, but it wasn't his body he should have worried about, because as he flew up, something remained firmly on the ground.

A shadowy figure strode towards the telkhine and seemed to push it's arm through the monster's chest. The telkhine did a double take, looking at it's chest, and then back up to him, as if to say, "What the hell man? What was that for?" And began to disintegrate.

(Y/N)'s POV

"We have to leave. Now." He warned as he watched the kid flying above him, "It was a trick. She's trying to keep us here, others are probably coming. That's what she told the telkhine. It got caught on purpose."