He didn't know if it was sheer luck or divine intervention, but regardless he said, "Thank you." As he felt another pair of eyes looking through his, trying to categorize all the monsters that were peering over the ridge at him. Then again, maybe he spoke too soon, because just as relief washed over him, a huge spear landed inches to the right of him.

No, it wasn't a spear, it was an arrow. He looked around with a morbid curiosity and saw giant like figures kneeling and shooting down arrows the size of his body at him from bows as big as semi-trucks. And that wasn't even the worst of it. He saw the winged creatures hadn't stopped at the cliff at all.

They were flying towards him, and fast. He turned to run, not knowing what else to do as the flying creatures slowly gained ground and arrows continued to rain down on him like the hailstones from hell, each one just barely missing him.

It was like he could feel them coming before they landed, his body felt like it was on fire, his blood was burning and his whole body felt weightless. He didn't think exactly, but he felt when an attack threatened to land.

Some of his more tactical attackers were actually leading their shots ahead of him, both in attempts to impale him, and to slow him down, as the 7 feet tall 'arrows' in front of him were hard to skirt past.

He just ran, not in a specific direction, knowing he could do little else, something told him that if he hid, they would smell him out in no time. So, running it was.

His feet were blistered and sore, bloody even, but he ignored the shooting pain through his legs with every step, knowing the alternative would be worse by a wide margin.

He didn't have a good grasp on time, or direction. So, he didn't know how far or how long he ran. He didn't know if he was running in a circle or towards an escape, all he cared about was losing the monsters chasing him.

Minutes, hours, days, months, even years could have passed, every time he closed his eyes something had changed. Every time he blacked out, he awoke somewhere else, but the eyes that were keenly studying him from above didn't see where he was leaving to.

He continued to run until his breath gave out, scaling down rocks and jumping across perilous lakes to evade capture, and after what felt like minutes to her and hours to him, the light appeared, he stopped for the second time.

The scene of the dream shifted, she felt herself begin to rouse, but held on as long as she could. Hoping for a better understanding, she saw what he did. But not as clearly, the light was blinding, she wanted to shield her eyes but couldn't.

Her eyes didn't focus on the gates that he saw, but the gasp he let out meant that he was searching for this. As the boy broke into a last final sprint, the monsters behind him all scurried away from the light, like she wanted to.

He was so intent on making it to his destination, he didn't notice the one figure that cut through the crowd of monsters, like it was parting the sea, and followed him, undeterred by the light of the structure before him.

Asleep as she was, she couldn't find her voice to warn him, for it would risk waking her, so she watched in shock as he slammed against the doors, begging, pleading, with whatever was on the other side.

"Please! Help me. HELP ME! LET ME IN!" He screamed at the top of his lungs. She felt herself shift, almost waking. She tried to slam her eyes shut in defiance.

She was lulled back to sleep by a voice she didn't remember. And found her most important clue yet, a voice, a woman's that wasn't hers. The same figure from before.

Footsteps approached the boy, he turned in terror, finally realising his pursuer wasn't stopped by his sanctuary. The figure of the woman was obscured, but familiar.

Heroes of Olympus Series. Annabeth Chase X Male Reader Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें