The baby's heartbeat had been strong, and there was only one more week until she entered the second trimester.

"Everything appears fine. Your nausea will dissipate finally since you're onto the next trimester. I'll return in seven more weeks to assess for quickening. Just to see if the baby moves and check for general health." I muttered the words at a rapid pace. I had been adept in my field, but that hadn't meant I truly enjoyed it.

Xilia's tone had been so loving as she pet Iskra's stomach. My face twisted at her interaction with her. Poor girl truly got involved with the wrong sorts. I hoped Marat was worth it to her. "Of course, Kassia. We will send an owl to remind you. Thank you for offering your services."

I winced, "That's what family's for."

I said my goodbyes and left for Greece as soon as I was able.

...

"Aesop." My body fell into his arms once I reached our home. The time was indiscernible, but nightfall had been upon us.

"How was everyone?" His tone sounded flat while he propped me upright and brought me over to the bed. Long distance apparition killed my energy and depleted my magic levels to almost nothing.

I could tell the noise escaping me had been too quiet because Aesop knelt beside me to hear, "Strangely optimistic. Although, it could have been a bloodbath, so I suppose the cheerfulness trumps brutality."

He conjured a damp cloth and rested it on my forehead. I saw him frown when he looked at my attire. His wand waved over me twice. Once for a cleansing charm and another time to switch out my clothes.

He refilled the water pitcher on my bedside table and situated himself next to me. His arm draped across my chest while I felt him draw small circles with his fingertips against my skin. I could relax in his presence.

"How long do you have until you have to return to your post?" Aesop's voice was frantic in my ear. We only were able to see each other a limited amount of times, and the holiday break for Hogwarts was almost over.

"I have to depart tomorrow." I swallowed loudly at the thought. I hadn't wanted to be so exhausted when I was with him, but it seemed that was always how the biscuit crumbled.

"Please, Kassie." His tone changed drastically. It was low and drawn out when he spoke.

"I'll do all the work. I just want to lie with you. Please." His hand reached up to my cheek, and he caressed my skin softly.

He turned my face toward him and pressed his soft lips into mine. His breath seeped into my mouth, "Just give me an answer."

He continued his movement, and there had been no turning back at that point.

"Yes." As soon as I said it, he pressed himself into the back of my leg. His hand curved around my thigh and gently grazed his fingers under the lining of my thong.

The feeling took me by surprise, and I sighed. Loudly. He shifted the material to the side and moved his fingers softly against my skin.

I couldn't help the rhythmic pulsing he created from his touch. Aesop noticed my change in demeanor and burrowed a just his forefinger inside me. He drug it back and forth to the sound of my cries. The pace he chose made me wetter.

He hadn't been facing me, but I wanted to kiss him. To touch him. Though, he would have stopped stroking me if that were the case.

Instead, I gripped my pillow and let whatever noise escaped my throat take over. He took that as his cue.

The pressure ceased when he removed his hand and hovered over me. His body had always been broad, but now his presence covered my entire view.

The dark hair that went down to his shoulders fell onto my forehead as he leaned in. He forcefully pressed our mouths against one another. And while he had been distracting my mind with his tongue, he thrust inside me.

Blissfully. Passionately. It felt like fire within me, around me. A shudder went through my spine at his touch.

Aesop had always been who I needed; however, he morphed into the man I wanted, as well. He was everything to me.

I could feel he was close to climaxing when his pace quickened. It had only been for a few moments until his tight grip on me relaxed.

His body contracted, and he let out a groan. He lowered himself beside me, and I turned into him. My head laid against his chest, and I tangled my legs in his.

I had never been so content.