"You're not bad," I give him a weak smile even though he has his eyes closed. "People are jerks. People talked about me all the time and you were one of the few people, actually only one, who stood up for me. Back then when only a few people hated me and now when everyone is out to get me. I used to feel like I was fighting a battle all alone. Now," I stand before him almost chest to chest, "I have you," my hand rises and my palm caresses his cheek. He leans into my hand and his eyes open smoldering me.

"You have me," his hoarse voice rings in my ears.

The clearing of someone's throat makes me jump back away from Oliver. Luxor and Alyson are at my door looking at the destruction that I caused.

"Let me get this straight!" Alyson throws me one of her oh-so-famous death stares, "you have Ollie. What about me? What am I? Chopped liver! Ew, gross don't answer that."

The rush of blood to my cheeks make me clear my throat and give her a huge smile, "Of course Alyson I have you as well. The three musketeers remember." Luxor opens her mouth and I stare at her, "and Luxor our trainer and friend."

She closes her mouth and takes a moment to mull things over, "yeah, I'm the newest one of the group I guess."

"I think we need to have a long hard talk about this so-called friendship though," Oliver states rather coldly.

"Yes we do," Luxor looks around my living room and this is where most of my destruction took place she gestures to the kitchen with her head. Alyson makes herself at home quickly heading into the kitchen before us and when we make our way over I hear the fridge door open.

"My god after this is over we need to go grocery shopping," her head is inside the fridge. She pulls out all the ingredients to make a sandwich, we sit at the table looking over at her, "um," she closes the door. "Where is your toaster?"

My eyes widen and I lower my head, "I kind of broke it." My bottom lip invades the space between my teeth as I glance up.

"What did the toaster ever do to you?" Alyson glares at me playfully.

"It wouldn't give me back my toast," I shrug, "so I dropped to the ground."

Alyson's eyes widen, "remind me not to get on your bad side. But I love my bread toasted for my sandwich."

"For god's sakes, woman just eat it like that!" Oliver bellows at her.

She huffs out a breath, "well I was going to offer you one but now you can suck it!"

"Alyson, I can probably toast the bread for you if you want it that bad," my eyes go to Oliver and Luxor and they throw some nervous glances at each other. "I had to improvise since I don't have a toaster," I roll my eyes.

"Sure!" Alyson beams at me. I get up and walk over to my stove turning it on low. Alyson raises an eyebrow. "Why don't you use your powers instead?"

"Because," I take a moment to think it over, "because my powers scare me." I shrug and she fights the smile that is playing on her lips.

"Well, I am not come on and do it."

"Alyson, stop!" Luxor gives her a warning stare and Alyson gives her a dismissive wave.

"Oh come on. You two need to stop being such worrywarts and give her the benefit of the doubt. Come on Cassie toast my bread!" She seems so confident that I am going to be able to do it.

"But what if-" Alyson cut me off.

"If you burn it I will still eat it, I promise just please do it."

"Even if it comes out black?"