CHAPTER 16: The promise

ANDREW

Once I'm outside her house I call her but she doesn't answer, I call her again, but nothing. I can see from out here all the lights from the house are off, but the kitchen's window is open. I know somebody can be watching me but I don't care, I climb up that window and walk inside the house. 

Things look awful. Food all over the kitchen's floor. I walk some steps and I see glasses broken on the floor in the living room. The T.V. looks like someone hit it with a baseball bat. This is like a nightmare, a nightmare I wouldn't like to be in.

Adria is not around here. Immediately I call her name "Adria, it's me Andrew, are you ok? Fred told me he hurt you, I can take you to the hospital if you need it." she still doesn't answer. Fred's car is here, why she didn't use it, and where is Sophie?

I walk upstairs, I don't know where to look for her, I open the first door I see and it's Sophie's bedroom, it is empty. I keep walking. I'm scared, what am I going to see when I find her?

"Adria, please answer me, where are you?" I hear her sob somewhere, so I follow the sound, the one that leads me to a bathroom and there she is, I see blood on her clothes. She's seated on the floor with her hands on her face. I want to kill that bastard.

"Adria, let me see you please, do you need a doctor? Should I call an ambulance?"

"No Andrew, don't call anybody, I can't stand more humiliation, I'll survive, I just need to clean my face. I tried but it hurt so bad I couldn't continue. Can you do it for me, please?"

I'm not so good with blood, but I won't tell her that "Please let me call my uncle, he's a doctor, he can help you."

She nods. I don't hesitate and call my uncle.

"Uncle John, how is my dad?"

"Hi son, your dad is already in the hospital and he is fine, the wound has been cleaned and he got some stiches, he won't sleep in the hospital. He'll be back in the house in a couple of hours."

"That sounds amazing, uncle. I want to ask you another favor. It's about Adria, she's hurt and probably needs some stiches, too. Could you come and help her, please?

"You don't have to ask, son. I'll be there as fast as I can"

15 minutes later and he is ringing the bell, that was really fast even for him.

"Uncle John, come with me, she's upstairs" I hurry him.

Ten minutes passed while he was helping her. He had to make 4 stiches on her face, the cut wasn't deep but it goes like a line from the corner of her left eye until the base of her chin. That bastard hurt her bad.

I carry her on my arms and leave her on her bed. I leave the lamp by her bed on to give some light to the bedroom.

I'm taking my uncle to the front door when he hands me a paper and says "Here you have, go to the drugstore and bring this for her now, she looks strong but she's in a lot of pain and by the way, that man is in jail and with a really high bail to pay this time, I'm sure nobody won't be able to pay it. Just be sure she takes her medicine on time. Don't leave her alone and call me if you need anything."

"Thank you so much for your help uncle, John, I'll get the medicine now."

I don't go upstairs. I know she needs me but she needs the medicine more than she needs me. I think it took me less than 15 minutes to get everything and come back. Fortunately, no cups were around, I drove my car as if I was in a death race and I think I even hit another car on my way here.

I open the door and start my way upstairs, when I hear her. She's crying. I open the door from the bedroom and get close to her, I can feel the pillow soaked because of her tears. I kneel down beside the bed and hug her, she cries more.