Chapter 8: The Outsiders (Part 4)

- - - - DILLION TRAILER HOME - - - -     At the same time, in Sunnyside Trailer Park, Max Dillion is in his family trailer getting ready to go to Pollys Baby Shower

    At the same time, in Sunnyside Trailer Park, Max Dillion is in his family trailer getting ready to go to Pollys Baby Shower. As he's putting on his coat, he walks over to his window and slightly opens up. Once the window makes a creak noise, he stops and looks back. The last thing he wanted was to wake up his family, especially his father, because he feared the consequences of doing so. Once the coast was clear and it was safe, Max climbed out his bedroom window and rushed away to get out of sight of his trailer home.

           - - - - THE PEMBROKE - - - -
Meanwhile, on the other side of town, Peter arrives at the entrance at the Lodges apartment door, holding a pink box in his hand. Before he knocks, he begins to fix himself up and tucks in his Spider-Man mask deep in his pocket. Once he feels he's ready he knocks and Hermione Lodges opens the door and smiles once she sees Peter. Hermione then gestures for Peter to enter the Lodges apartment which is decorated and filled with gifts and boxes of baby paraphernalia all around.

Peter, somewhat, feels overwhelmed but quickly gets over it and as heads for the nearest table he runs into Betty, who is shocked to see him.

Betty: Peter?! You made it

Peter: Yeah, I... wait why do you sound so surprised?

Betty: Oh, no reason. Is that a cake?

Peter: Yeah I picked up from the bakery, a few hours ago.

Peter, proudly, opens the box and shows a cake with smudged lettering and scattered letters. The cake was meant to say "Congratulations Polly" but because of the smudge lettering it reads: "Congrulaion Poy" Betty's tries her best to hide her smile and this reaction causes Peter to look and see what Betty was smiling about and seeing what she saw caused him to be horribly embarrassed.

Peter[cont.]: The words were a lot clearer when I picked it up.

Betty: It's fine, honest. Set on top of that table.

   Betty then walks away and Peter heads and sits the cake on the table next to a bunch of other professionally made cakes. Peter sighs as he sets his practically smushed cake next to these gorgeous cakes. Suddenly he feels a pat on his shoulder and turns around and sees Gwen beaming with a big smile at him. Gwen: Peter?! You made it?!

Peter: What is there some bet going on?

Gwen: It's just these kind of events aren't really your thing.

Peter: Sure, but there's nothing wrong being there for friends.

Gwen lets out a cute smile and looks down. Suddenly, Peter notices something over her shoulder and paints his attention to that.