The Age of Steel

The Doctor points the recharging Tardis power cell at the Cybermen, the Cybers getting bent backwards and atomised by the golden energy "What the hell was that?" Ricky asks. "We'll have that instead. Run!" The Doctor shouts. A van horn sound "Everybody, in!" the driver shouts. Damon pushes his children to the van, making them gets in before him. "I've got to go back. My wife's in there." Pete says. "Anyone inside that house is dead. If you want to help, then don't let her die for nothing. You've got to come with us right now." the Doctor tells him. "Come on! Get a move on!" the woman shouts. "Rose, she's not your mother." the Doctor tells her. "I know." Rose responds. "Come on." the Doctor tells her, Damon helping her into the van. "Finished chatting? Never seen a slower getaway in my life!" the driver tells them, driving off. "What was that thing?" Ricky asks. "Little bit of technology from my home." the Doctor responds. "It's stopped glowing. Has it run out?" Mickey asks. "It's on a revitalising loop. It'll charge back up in about four hours." Damon tells him. "Right. So, we don't have a weapon anymore." Ricky says.

"Yeah, we've got weapons. Might not be one of those metal things, but they're good enough for men like him." Jake says, threatening Pete. "Leave him alone. What's he done wrong?" Rose asks. "Oh, you know, just laid a trap that's wiped out the Government and left Lumic in charge." Jake tells her. "If I was part of all that, do you think I'd leave my wife inside?" Pete asks. "Maybe your plan went wrong. Still gives us the right to execute you, though." Ricky tells him. "Talk about executions, you'll make me your enemy. And take some really good advice. You don't want to do that." the Doctor warns. "All the same, we have evidence that says Pete Tyler's been working for Lumic since twenty point five." Ricky pipes up. "Is that true?" Rose asks. Damon lets Fayette and Matheó lean into him "Tell them, Mrs M." Rickey tells the driver. "We've got a government mole who feeds us information. Lumic's private files, his South American operations, the lot. Secret broadcasts twice a week." Mrs M explains. "Broadcast from Gemini?" Pete asks. "And how do you know that?" Ricky asks. "I'm Gemini. That's me." Pete tells them. "Yeah, well you would say that." Ricky tells him. "Encrypted wavelength six five seven using binary nine. That's the only reason I was working for Lumic. To get information. I thought I was broadcasting to the Security Services. What do I get? Scooby Doo and his gang. They've even got the van." Pete says.

"No, no, no. But the Preachers know what they're doing. Ricky said he's London's Most Wanted." Mickey pipes up. "Yeah, that's not exactly..." Ricky trails off. "Not exactly what?" Mickey asks. "I'm London's Most Wanted for parking tickets." Ricky tells them, the Doctor and Damon smiling in amusement. "Great." Pete remarks. "Yeah, they were deliberate. I was fighting the system. Park anywhere, that's me." Ricky defends. "Good policy. I do much the same. I'm the Doctor, by the way, if anyone's interested." the Doctor says. "I'm Damon. This is Fayette and Matheó." Damon adds. "And I'm Rose. Hello." Rose smiles. "Even better. That's the name of my dog. Still, at least I've got the catering staff on my side." Pete says. "I knew you weren't a traitor." Rose tells him. "Why is that, then?" he asks her. "I just did." Rose responds. "They took my wife." Pete says sadly. "She might still be alive." Rose tells him. "That's even worse. Because that's what Lumic does. He takes the living and he turns them into those machines." Pete tells her. "Cybermen. They're called Cybermen." Damon tells the group. "And I'd take those ear pods off, if I were you. You never know. Lumic could be listening." the Doctor tells Pete, who takes them out. Damon pulls out his sonic and uses them on the ear pods. "But he's overreached himself. He's still just a businessman. He's assassinated the President. All we need to do is get to the city and inform the authorities. Because I promise you, this ends tonight." the Doctor says.

They all get out the van and look round the street, everyone walking like zombies as their ear pods flash "What the hell?" Jake asks. "What's going on?" Rose asks. "It's the ear pods. Lumic's taken control." Damon tells them. "Can't we just, I don't know, take them off?" Fayette asks her dad and grandfather. Rose nods and goes over to someone, going to take the ear pods out "Don't! Cause a brainstorm. Human race. For such an intelligent lot, you aren't half susceptible. Give anyone a chance to take control and you submit. Sometimes I think you like it. Easy life." the Doctor warns. "Hey, Come and see." Jake says from the end of the street. Walking over they all look round the corner, seeing more people and a squad of Cybermen "Where are they all going?" Rose asks. "I don't know. Lumic must have a base of operations." the Doctor says. "Battersea. That's where he was building his prototypes." Pete pipes up. "Why's he doing it?" Rose asks. "He's dying. This all started out as a way of prolonging life, of keeping the brain alive at any cost." Pete explains.