The End of the World

Damon shuts the door as he and Rose turn to face the Doctor "Right then, Rose Tyler, you tell me, where do you want to go? Backwards or forwards in time

Damon shuts the door as he and Rose turn to face the Doctor "Right then, Rose Tyler, you tell me, where do you want to go? Backwards or forwards in time. What's it going to be?" the Doctor asks. "Forwards." Rose decides. The Doctor presses a few buttons before looking at her "How far?" he asks. "One hundred years." she tells him. The Tardis goes off before stopping "There you go, step outside those doors, it's the twenty-second century." the Doctor tells her. "You're kidding." Rose says. "That's a bit boring though, do you want to go further?" Damon asks her. "Fine by me!" Rose smiles. The Doctor starts up the engines again before bringing it to a stop "Ten thousand years in the future. Step outside, it's the year 12005, the New Roman Empire." he tells her. "You think you're so impressive." Rose teases. "I AM so impressive!" the Doctor retorts. "You wish!" Rose grins. "Right then, you asked for it. I know exactly where to go. Hold on!" the Doctor grins making the Tardis fly again before landing with a ping. "Where are we? What's out there?" Rose asks excitedly. The Doctor gestures to the door letting Rose go out first, Damon following her to find them in a viewing room of some kind. He watches as his dad as walks out the Tardis using his sonic to open the shutters of an enormous window, revealing them to be floating above the Earth "You lot. You spend all your time thinking about dying. Like you're going to get killed by eggs or beef or global warming or asteroids. But you never take time to imagine the impossible. Maybe you survive. This is the year 5.5/apple/26. Five billion years in your future. This is the day... hold on... This is the day the sun expands. Welcome to the end of the world." he tells them.

The three of them walk down a corridor looking round "Shuttles 5 and 6 now docking. Guests are reminded that platform 1 forbids the use of weapons, teleportation and religion. Earth Death is scheduled for 15:39, followed by drinks in the Manchester Suite." a voice says over the speakers. "So, when it says 'guests' does that mean people?" Rose asks. "Depends what you mean by people." the Doctor tells her. "I mean people. What do you mean?" Rose questions. "Aliens." Damon responds. "What are they doing on board this spaceship? What's it all for?" Rose questions. "It's not really a spaceship. More like an observation deck. The great and the good are gathering to watch the planet burn." the Doctor explains starting to open a door with his sonic. "What for?" Rose asks. "Fun." the Doctor responds as the door opens. They walk into a large observation gallery "Mind you, when he said the great and the good, what he means is, the rich." Damon tells Rose. "But, hold on, they did this once on Newsround Extra, the sun expanding, that takes hundreds of years." Rose says. "Millions. But the planet's now property of the National Trust. They've been keeping it preserved. See down there? Gravity satellite. That's holding back the sun." the Doctor explains pointing out small glints above the Earth. "The planet looks the same as ever. I thought the continents shifted and things." Rose comments looking at the planet below. "They did. And the trust shifted them back." Damon tells her. "That's a classic Earth. But now the money's run out, nature takes over!" the Doctor adds. "How long has it got?" Rose asks. The Doctor looks at his watch "About half an hour. And the planet gets roasted." he tells her. "Is that why we're here? I mean, is that what you do? Jump in at the last minute and save the Earth?" Rose questions. "We're not saving it. Time's up." the Doctor responds. "But what about the people?" she asks. "It's empty! They're all gone. All left." Damon assures her. "Just me then." Rose realises, making Damon give her a sad smile.