Chapter 7: Memories

The group, including Jorge and Brenda, drove along a long road into the mountains. Jorge was driving Bertha which had elephant tusks on the front. Brenda was sat in the front with him. The rest were all in the back. Thomas and Joanna sat right at the back.

"It finally feels like we are getting somewhere." Thomas mumbled Joanna, smiling.

"We have already come so far, all thanks to you." Joanna smiled at him.

"I couldn't have done it with out you." Thomas nudged her.

Joanna watched his eyes. She couldn't help but smile at how gorgeous they looked. She held his hand and Thomas looked at her. He started to get closer to her face. Their lips were inches apart. They could feel each others warm breath tickling their face.

"Hey, Joanna." Minho started and turned around to face them.

The pair quickly pulled away.

"Uh." Minho stuttered and then looked away quickly.

Thomas rolled his eyes. "Every time!"

"Mm." Joanna hummed but slowly moved back in.

"Joanna! Look!" Newt quickly turned around.

They, quickly, pulled away again.

"For fuck sake." Joanna groaned.

"I... errr." Newt stumbled.

"Yes, Newt?" Raising her eyebrows, she looked at her brother.

"Don't worry." Newt smiled at her, "Having fun, Aris?" He turned to look at Aris who was awkwardly sat next to Joanna and Thomas.

Joanna felt her face heat up. She completely forgot Aris was there.

Aris put his thumbs up, in response. Everyone started giggle.

They drove through the mountains but had to stop as they came up to a tunnel that was completely blocked by cars. They all, slowly, got out the car.

"Looks like we are on foot." Jorge sighed. They started to walk forwards. Digging through cars, trying to find anything they could have.

They stopped at a car that had bullet holes in it.
Joanna looked towards Brenda. She looked really unwell and was struggling to breathe. Joanna tapped Newt on his arm and nodded her head at Brenda. He looked at her closely. He was about to say something when a gun shot echoed through the mountains and hit the car. Loads of gunshots started hitting all around them.

"Get down!" Joanna shouted and everyone hid behind some cars.

Thomas, Joanna and Jorge were sat behind one. Everyone was scattered. The mountains went silent.

"Everyone okay?!" Thomas shouted out to the group.

"We are fine!" Teresa shouted back.

"Perfect!" Minho sarcastically responded.

"Can anyone see where those bloody shots came from?" Newt shouted out.

They looked at the mountain peaks above them.

"Son of a bitch, Marcus! He led us into an ambush!" Jorge grumbled and started rummaging through his coat pockets.

Thomas peaked over the car and Joanna had to pull him down, quickly, as she watched bullets start to ricochet off the cars.

"What do we do?" Thomas asked them.

"Here." Jorge handed him a bomb. "Hold this."

"We gotta create a diversion!" Jorge smiled at him and pulled out the detonator button. "Get ready to chuck it."