Chapter 3: Runner

"What?" Thomas responded, confused. Adrenaline pumping through his veins. "What happened to him?" He looked at the lifeless body and the blood covering it.

"What does it look like?" Minho asked, "He got stung."

Thomas' eyes widened as he looked at Albys head.

"What happened to his head?" He asked.

"I did what I had to do." Joanna responded and looked away.

Silence. The only thing you could hear was the rumbling over the Maze and the two panting.

A griever shriek echoed through the maze causing everyone to jump.

Minho struggled to get up and the two started to walk away from Alby and Thomas.

"Help me get him up." Thomas said, trying to pull Alby up.

"We gotta go." Joanna whispered. Too scared to look at Alby.

"The maze is already changing." Minho said still panting.

"Hey guys! We can't just leave him here!" The pair stopped in their tracks and turned to look at Thomas.

-

They slowly struggled through the Maze. Minho and Thomas carried Alby as Joanna limped, slightly, leading the way. They grunted, clearly struggling.

"Set him down here." Joanna said pointing to the wall covered in vines.

A griever shrieked echoed. Joanna and Minho looked towards where the noise came from to see a long clear hallway.

"Shit." Joanna whispered.

"This isn't gonna work. We gotta go!" Minho jumped up, panicking.

"What are you talking about?" Thomas stuttered, "We gotta do something, hide him!"

"Where?" Joanna said, also panicking.

"I dont know! Just think! Tell me that there's not a single place we can take him?" Thomas said.

Minho grunted and the pushed Thomas into the wall.

"Listen to me, Shuckface. Alright? Take a look around! There's no where to go!" Minho growled out.

"Minho." Joanna said sternly.

Minho pulled away from Thomas and stepped back. The griever sounded like it was getting closer.

"You don't get it. We are already dead." Minho said.

Thomas stood up looking at the tall wall of vines and then back at the others.

-

They grunted as they pulled the vines which hoisted Albys body up the wall, Ivy and vines covering him.

The Maze started to growl as a door was starting to open and a griever started to shriek. Minho and Joanna moved to the side to look round the corner.

"We gotta go!" Minho panicked.

The doors started to grind open and the pair moved their heads to the side in unison.

"What are you guys doing?" Thomas asked panicked.

They watched the doors open, revealing a griever standing there, waiting. They moved back around the corner.

"We gotta go!" Minho said in a hushed but panicked voice.

"We gotta go, we gotta go, we gotta go!" Joanna stumbled.

"No, no, no, no, no, no" Thomas also stumbled, "Just a little more!"