Chapter 52 - Healing & Improvement

Start from the beginning

"You're okay with waiting that long?" Serena pouted in an all playfully manner. Honestly, she didn't want to be so-called 'attached' solely for what they had done.

Technically speaking, Ash wasn't her boyfriend. He kept preaching about how he wanted to ask her in a very specific way and he supposedly had some grand plan. She didn't want to take that from him, but she was getting antsy to find out what exactly he wanted done, or more so, how. Even if they arguably seemed to be dating, there was no reason to put a label on it, right?

"I'll manage. It's about a day away."

Serena thought for a moment and went with suggesting, "How about I come to watch you and Drew practice tomorrow?"

"Do what you'll have time for. Don't force it. But I'm fine with it." Ash told her as he leaned down to press his lips to hers. "Now go ahead and be with your friends."

Serena leaned into the kiss, lingering onto the feelings he gave her when their lips touched. God, why couldn't he come too? She could only think that maybe they could forget studying and he could come to her room—

No. She wasn't like that at all. Just because they had slept together once, didn't mean she needed to do so every night. She hadn't done it in so long and he was without a doubt, her best compared to last. Her mind only wandered, remembering how attractive he looked hovering over her and how good he sounded going in her. Just her nails digging into his muscles while his eyes stared down at her with such desire.

She had to stop.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Serena hummed and pecked Ash's lips once more. She only started to pull away until he was quick to yank her back, bringing them together again. She huffed out a laugh and stroked her fingers over his jaw. "You say you want me to leave and yet you can't let go."

"I don't want you to leave. There's a difference."

Ash went to kiss her once more, but she pulled her head back and teased him by leaving an inch between them. "Admit you would miss me if I didn't come to your practice tomorrow."

"Serena," he muttered with a warning on his lips, wrapping his arms around her waist. His hands moved lower to her cup her in his hold.

"And here I thought I was becoming the clingy one." Her forehead touched his and her hands slid up to his neck. "Is it really so hard for you to say?"

"I would possibly..." Ash grinned, keeping his eyes on hers in a trance. "Not enjoy not seeing you."

Serena couldn't contain her laughter and Ash wanted to frame the sight on his own wall. "What does that even mean?"

"Yes, I would miss you." He said, louder than intended. He turned her around and gently pushed her towards the door to her dorm building. "Now go on."

Serena grinned and waved at him as she bit on her tongue. "That makes me the winner, correct?"

She walked away before he could say anything else to her, pleased with the outcome. She couldn't understand how he made her so happy, but she genuinely enjoyed their playful banter. He challenged her in ways she never expected.

She was practically bathed from head to toe looking like she came through the gates of heaven when she found her way to the common room, met by Dawn and May. Her attentive, dark blue eyed friend stared at her while squinting, and moved closer towards her.

"Red lips and glowing cheeks. I'd say someone got laid." Dawn pulled her phone out and went on scrolling with her thumb on the screen. "It's about time. Now I need Gary to pay up for losing the bet."