Chapter Twenty-Nine

Beginne am Anfang

My thoughts shift over to Real Madrid, and how Barcelona have beat them the last two games they've played. I try to remember who's on their squad, but my memory is foggy, so I decide to look through their roster online.

Most players I recognize, mostly from their national teams or old clubs. I'm almost at the bottom of the list when suddenly, I see it. See him. His name, his picture. Sitting on my screen, staring at me with those devilish eyes and mischievous smile.

When the hell did he transfer to Real Madrid?

My mind flashes to everything that happened four years ago, and everything that I went through.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by the loud ringing of a phone. I glance over to my phone and realize that Gavi is calling me.

"Hello?" I ask, once I've answered it.

"Hey love, how are you doing?"

Fuck I love it when he calls me that.

"I'm doing good," I say, trying to sound as happy as possible.

I'm probably not going to tell him about this whole Real Madrid job situation. I don't want him to be worrying about one more thing, especially since the Champions League quarter finals are in just a little more than a month. Besides, I'm rejecting the offer, and it's not like he'll find out.

"I'm glad to hear that! I just wanted to call you because we just had a team meeting, and I found out some pretty exciting news, plus a surprise!" he exclaims.

"Oooo, what's the news?"

"Well, Xavi just announced during our meeting that we would be getting a few days off in a couple weeks!"

"'Oh, that's awesome! We should definitely go do something!"

Gavi's been so busy lately with training and everything, so it's been hard planning days to get together.

"Well, that's what the surprise is! Our days off are right after our away game against Real Madrid, so I figured that we could spend a day or two there in Madrid!"

No way.

"Oh my gosh, really! That would be awesome!"

I mean, I'm not lying. Madrid is a beautiful city, and I would love to visit it, but I just find it insane that he's bringing that up literally right after I saw the email.

"Okay! I'll plan it out, but just let me know if there's anything specific you want to see!"

I hear someone call his name in the background, so we say our goodbyes before hanging up.

I honestly have no idea what the hell just happened. I suppose I should probably respond to the email.

I quickly write an email explaining how although I'm honored, I'll have to decline. Without a second thought, I send the email. Welp, I'm glad that's dealt with.

Unknown Perspective

"Did you ask her?" I ask the annoying old man sitting at the desk.

"Well, yes, but I'm afraid that she declined," he mutters.

"What do you mean she declined?" I demand.

He turns his computer around so that I can see what he's talking about. I read over the email and can feel the frustration starting to build up.

Why the hell would she reject? I mean, and opportunity like this isn't usually just handed to you.

"Send it again," I mumble.

"What-"

"Send it again!" I bellow, my anger escaping.

The man nods his head, immediately taking back his computer and beginning to type.

I storm out of the room and pull out my phone. I find the person I'm looking for, and press the call button.

"Hello?"

"I thought you said she had applied for a job."

"Oh, hey man. Is this about that girl?"

"Yes. Did she, or did she not apply for a job at your company?" I demand.

"She definitely did. Applied for a position in our finance department I believe. I would have given it to her if you hadn't told me not to," he explains.

"Fuck! Why would she decline the job then?"

"Look man, I don't know what your deal is with this girl, but if you're really this desperate, why don't you just talk to her? I mean, just ask her to meet sometime or something," he points out.

If only he knew.

"It's not that simple," is all I say before hanging up the phone.

GUYS!!!! Ahhhh, this chapter was fun to write! Everything is about to get a lot more interesting! To be honest, we probably have a max of ten chapters left! Actually, I'm not really sure. Well will see though! I hope you are all enjoying everything so far! also thanks you guys for over 4k views!! Next chapter is coming out on Friday! (6/16/23)