One Hundred and Fifty: HAPPY BIRTHDAY POOKIE!

Start from the beginning

Percy gulped. "Yeah?"

"Girl stuff."

Percy frowned. "Uh, what do you mean?"

"Your mom." Paul said. "I'm thinking about proposing to her."

Percy almost dropped his cup. "You mean... marrying her? You and her?"

"Well, that was the general idea. Would that be okay with you?"

"You're asking my permission?"

Paul scratched his beard. "I don't know if it's permission, so much, but she's your mother. And I know you're going through a lot. I wouldn't feel right if I didn't talk to you about it first, man to man."

"Man to man." Percy repeated. It sounded strange, saying that. He thought about Paul and his mom, how she smiled and laughed more whenever he was around, and how Paul had gone out of his way to get Percy into high school. He found himself saying, "I think that's a great idea, Paul. Go for it."

Paul smiled really wide then. "Cheers, Percy. Let's join the party."

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀

Percy was just getting ready to blow out the candles when the doorbell rang.

Sally frowned. "Who could that be?"

It was weird, because the new building had a doorman, but he hadn't called up or anything. Sally opened the door and gasped.

It was Percy's dad. He was wearing Bermuda shorts and a Hawaiian shirt and Birkenstocks, like he usually does. His black beard was neatly trimmed and his sea-green eyes twinkled. He wore a battered cap decorated with fishing lures. It said NEPTUNE'S LUCKY FISHING HAT.

"Pos-" Sally stopped herself. She was blushing right to the roots of her hair. "Um, hello."

"Hello, Sally." Poseidon said. "You look as beautiful as ever. May I come in?"

Sally made a squeaking sound that might've been either a "Yes" or "Help." Poseidon took it as a yes and came in.

Paul was looking back and forth between Sally, Percy, and Poseidon, trying to read their expressions. Finally he stepped forward. "Hi, I'm Paul Blofis."

Poseidon raised his eyebrows as they shook hands. "Blowfish, did you say?"

"Ah, no. Blofis, actually."

"Oh, I see." Poseidon said. "A shame. I quite like blowfish. I am Poseidon."

Paul squinted. "Poseidon? That's an interesting name."

"Yes, I like it. I've gone by other names, but I do prefer Poseidon."

"Like the god of the sea."

"Very much like that, yes."

"Well!" Sally interrupted. "Um, we're so glad you could drop by. Paul, this is Percy's father."