One Hundred and Ten: WHAT THE F U C K

PERCY

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀

Percy burst out of the alley onto East 81st and ran straight into Annabeth.

"Hey, you're out early." She remarked, a little surprised but still appearing happy. "Bro, watch where you're going."

For a split second she was in a good mood and everything was fine. She was wearing jeans and an orange camp T-shirt and her clay bead necklace. Her blond hair was pulled back in a ponytail. Her gray eyes sparkled. Percy didn't really know what the hell she was doing in New York, and why Sen wasn't with her, but it didn't make him feel very good.

Then Rachel Elizabeth Dare, still covered in monster dust, came charging out of the alley, yelling, "Percy, wait up!"

Annabeth's smile melted. She stared at Rachel, then at the school. For the first time, she seemed to notice the black smoke and ringing fire alarms.

She frowned at Percy. "What did you do this time?" She peered behind him. "And... you're not Sen..."

"Um, she's a friend, I guess." Percy scratched his head. He wasn't sure what else to call Rachel. He barely knew her, but after being in two life-or-death situations together, he couldn't just call her nobody (not Nobody, nobody).

"Hi." Rachel said. Then she turned to Percy. "You are in so much trouble. And you still owe me an explanation!"

Police sirens wailed on FDR Drive.

"Percy." Annabeth grunted. "We should go."

"I want to know more about half-bloods." Rachel insisted. "And monsters. And this stuff about the gods." She grabbed Percy's  arm, whipped out a permanent marker, and wrote a phone number on his hand. "You're going to call me and explain, okay? You owe me that. Now get going."

"But-"

"I'll make up some story." Rachel said. "I'll tell them it wasn't your fault. Just go!"

She ran back toward the school, leaving Annabeth and Percy in the street. Immediately, she ripped up Percy's collar and started dragging him behind her.

"Ack! Annabeth!" Percy complained. He tried to get her to let go, but she had a kung-fu grip on him. "There were these two empousai." Percy tried to explain. "They were cheerleaders, see, and they said camp was going to burn, and-"

"You told a mortal girl about half-bloods?" Annabeth scolded.

"She can see through the Mist. She saw the monsters before I did."

"So you told her the truth?"

"She recognized me from Hoover Dam, so-"

"You've met her before?!"

Percy frowned and stammered. "Um, last winter. But seriously, I barely know her."

Annabeth hesitated. "She's kind of cute."

"Uh- I never really thought about it."