XO.8 ~ Records & Results

We arrived at the Seoul National University Hospital and Minji lead the way. Nobody had a  problem with her just walking through the hospital like she owned the place with us at her heel. 

     She walked through a pair of double door and gestured for us to come in.

  "Appa!" Minji smiled, walking up and giving her dad a hug. 

       "Hello, cherry blossom," Dr Choi smiled at his daughter. Cherry blossoms must be Minji's favourite flower or something. 

   Minho, Yuri and Alex bowed down in greeting, Q, Florian and I following suit. 

      "Please, no need for formalities," Dr Choi laughed, "Now, my daughter told me of the situation. Please give my regards to Mr Kim the next time you see him. When I'm free I'll drop by to visit Dae, maybe even tomorrow."

      "We will," Minho promised. 

   "Right, so I searched through all the birth records up until the year when Dae's parents got married," Dr Choi said, pulling out some files. 

     "I told him the date of their wedding," Minji explained to clear any confusion. 

  "I found a record saying that Dae's mom gave birth two twins, one was Dae, another was a girl," Dr Choi went on. 

     "So Dae has a sister?" Q stated more than questioned. 

   "Yes, and as far as we know she should still be alive," Dr Choi said, "There's nothing to suggest that the baby girl died at birth or that fell ill and died."

      Minho pulled out his phone and facetimed someone. 

  "Hello?" A voice came through. It was Mr Kim.

       "Appa, hi, it's Minho. Dae has a sister," Minho said. 

  "Yes, Bora," Mr Kim sounded confused. 

       "No, no, no, what I mean is, Dae has another sister, other than Bora. He has a twin sister who is alive somewhere. It must be her that donated the blood," Minho explained. 

      There was silence on the other end. 

   "Impossible," Mr Kim's voice sounded shaky, "T-the baby died."

         "What?" I exclaimed, I grabbed the phone and placed on the desk so everyone could be seen. 

     "Dae was the first one to be born, the baby girl, Duri we called her, was born nine minutes later," Mr Kim began to explain, "The nurses took away the babies to check them over to make sure everything was all right. A long time later, a nurse told us that Duri had died, they said she was too weak and couldn't breathe properly."

      "But Mr Kim, there are no records saying that your baby died," Dr Choi said, "The only death records I've got from the same time is the death of a baby girl, born to Mr Min and Mrs Yang."

     "As in Yoo-Jung's parents? So they had another daughter before they had Yoo-Jung?" Minji asked.

     "Who's Yoo-Jung?" I asked.

   "Yoo-Jung Min is a prodigy pianist, her parents and my parents are close friends," Minji replied. 

        "They're from the Min group we were telling you about earlier," Yuri added. 

    "Oh, I see," I nodded, understanding. 

       "Wait a minute, that can't be right," Dr Choi muttered, frowning at the files in his hand.

  "What's wrong?" Minho asked. 

       "Yoo-Jung's birthday is the same date as the baby they lost, in fact, they're the same age," Dr Choi said, "They didn't have another baby, cause Yoo-jung is their first child."