XO.3 ~ The Villa

It was late at night when I arrived in Seoul. As soon as I got off the plane at Incheon Airport, I checked my phone. No messages, but three missed calls. Two from Q, one from Minho.

     Quickly dialling Minho's number, I only had to wait for it to ring three times before he picked up.

    "I just got off the plane," I said, not giving him time to even say hello, "Well?" I asked, pulling my suitcases off the conveyor belt.

    "He got out of surgery a while ago. We tried to call you to let you know, but you were probably already on the plane by then," Minho sounded more relaxed.

       "So how is he?" I questioned.

    Minho sighed, "The doctors say he's in a coma, they don't know when he'll wake up. They say..." He choked, "t-they said he crashed on the operating table once. It took them ages to revive him and he had also lost a lot of blood."

      "But he's going to be okay now, right?" I waited in line to get through customs.

   "He's currently in ICU. He's stable, and Florian said that's a good sign. But the doctors want to monitor and keep an eye on him just in case he crashes again," Minho took in a shaky deep breath. "O-oh, by the way, Mum texted me back and said it's alright for you to stay at our place. Our chauffeur is picking you up from the airport."

      "Oh! Thank you so much! Please thank your mom for me," I said gratefully. "How do I find your chauffeur? Will he have a sign with my name on it or something?"

     "Yeah, I told him to write your name on a whiteboard. He should be waiting at the arrivals gate," Minho said.

     "Okay, got it. Listen, I got to go, I need to get through customs," I said, keep me posted, yeah?"

"Of course," Minho said.

      "I call you later," I quickly said goodbye before ending the call.

✖️⭕✖️⭕

      Getting through customs was easy, now, I just needed to find Minho's driver.

  Walking through the doors, I craned my neck, looking at signs to see if my name was on it.

     Eventually, I spotted a guy dressed in a suit holding up a sign with 'Kitty' written on it in big letters.

     "Miss Kitty Song Covey?" The man inquired as I approached him.

   "Uh yeah, that's me," I confirmed, "You must be Minho's chauffeur, he told me that you would be picking me up."

    "That is correct, miss. I'm Mr Lee," The man bowed, taking hold of my luggage, "The madam has given me instructions to take you to get settled in at the villa."

    "That sounds great, yeah, thank you," I followed him out to the car and my word was it some car!

    It was a sleek, shiny black Mercedes-Benz S-Class. Expensive! Like, Peter showed me the price of one of these, and I can tell you, I'm not buying one of these when I get my driver's license.

     Mr Lee ushered me into the back of the car before putting my suitcases and my hand luggage in the back.

       I knew Minho was rich, I didn't realise just how rich.

   "I don't when you would have last eaten, but if you're hungry there are sandwiches and snacks in that box next to you there," Mr Lee said, getting in behind the wheel, "There's also bottles of water or iced coffee should you be thirsty."