XO.2 ~ A Long Flight

Dad, Trina and Margot drove me to the airport. It was the longest car trip I've ever been in. LJ and Peter would have like to come too, but they decided to stay behind. Plus, I had a lot of luggage with me. 

      I kept checking my phone for updates every five minutes, but I got nothing. 

   As soon as I arrived at the airport, I quickly said goodbye before rushing towards the Check-In desks to get my suitcase checked in. Why did the line have to be so long?

     I finally reached the desk and was nervously tapping my foot. Neither Minho nor Q have given me an update. Either they haven't gotten any news yet, or the news is so bad they don't know how to break it to me. 

     "Miss? Excuse miss?" The lady at the desked raised an eyebrow at me. 

  I shook myself out of my daze and realised she had finished and was handing back my passport to me. 

      "Oh, sorry, so sorry!" I apologised quickly, "thank you so much." Taking my passport I grabbed my hand luggage and got out of the way. 

     I managed to get through security quickly enough. It still felt like ages though before I gathered all my stuff together again. However, the moment I was done, I dialled Minho's number. 

      It rang several times before he picked up. 

  "Hey, Minho? It's Kitty," I said, making my way to the waiting area. 

      "Oh, hey Kitty," Minho said. He sounded tired. I don't blame him. It's like midnight or something like that where he is and on top of that, he's got Dae to worry about that.

    "Any more news?" I asked, finding a free seat and dropping my bags on the ground at my feet.

  "No, he's still in surgery. Kitty, it's been ages since we arrived here. They're not telling us anything," Minho sighed. 

     "I just got through security. My flight leaves in just over an hour," I said, "I'll be there in 12 hours more or less."

     "You're really coming?" That's the most hopeful I've heard Minho since he broke the news. 

   "Of course!" I said, "Once I'm on the flight, I won't be able to receive any updates though."

       "Wait a second, I'll hand you over to Q," Minho said. I heard the rustle of fabric before I heard Q's voice come through. 

    "Hey Kitty," Q said.

  "Hey, I don't know how much you managed to catch from Minho's side of the conversation, but I'm at the airport right now, I just got through security. Might flight leaves in just over an hour," I quickly explained my situation. 

     "Hold on, you're on your way here?!" Q sounded surprised. 

   "Yeah, I'll be in Seoul in 12 hours more or less," I said. 

        "Kitty, where are you going to stay?" Q asked worriedly, "Did you book a hotel? A B&B? Anything?"

    Shoot. In my hurry to return to Seoul to be with my friends, I forgot all about that. Since it's the summer holidays, I can't stay at the dorms. 

    "That slipped my mind. I was in a rush and I didn't plan properly," I confessed, sheepishly, fidgeting with my friendship bracelet. After the winter break, we all got friendship bracelets. Mine had a cherry blossom charm on it. 

     "Hold on a sec," Q said. I could hear him and Minho talking quietly in the background. "Yeah, hey, Minho's going to ask his mum if it's alright for you to stay at their house here in Seoul, he says that she'll be fine with it but he's going to check first anyway. I've been staying at their place and there's plenty of room."