XO.7 ~ Minji Choi

We were sitting on the benches outside the hospital when a black BMW SUV pulled up to a stop. The back door flew open before the driver could even unbuckle his seatbelt. A girl hopped out, slamming the door shut behind her and rushing in our direction. She was wearing a cute, flowy white dress, with cherry blossoms on it, that reached halfway down her thigh. On her feet were these white and pink ballet style shoes.

     "Miss Choi! Miss Choi!" The driver called after her, "What about your practice session?"

  "Cancel it!" The girl called back, "I already told mom and dad that I've got something urgent to see to."

      "Wait, the Minji Choi that Dae is seeing, is the Minji Choi?!" Yuri was standing with her jaw open in shock.   

       "Um, am I missing something here?" I asked. No one replied as even Florian had a look of surprise on his face. 

    "Guys," Minho brought the girl over, "this is Minji Choi, figure skating prodigy and child actress."

     "No need for the flattery, Minho," The girl chastised him. She looked at us. "It's nice to meet you all."

        My jaw dropped. Dae is seeing a girl who is literally famous?! She's the prettiest girl I've ever seen in my whole entire life. I honestly don't blame Dae for falling for her. The girl had silky black hair that was done in a loose braid over one shoulder. She was about my height and had curves in all the right places. She had these beautiful chocolate eyes that seemed to sparkle. And her voice! It sounded so sweet and gentle. I was feeling a bit insecure knowing the Dae has moved on from me to this girl. 

      "So how's Dae?" Minji asked, turning to look at Q and Minho. 

   "Dae's in ICU -" Q started.

        "In ICU?!" Minji exclaimed, "How serious is it?"

   "He's in a medically induced coma," Minho explained, "During the surgery he crashed once, and then yesterday he had a reaction to one of the blood bags."

     Minji was silent, eyes dashing about. You could clearly see that she was trying to wrap her head around this information. I don't blame her honestly. Imagine thinking your almost-boyfriend was ignoring your texts and calls to find out the reason was because he had been in a car crash. 

       "Which room is he in?" Minji eventually spoke up again. 

   "Room 127 on the 7th floor," Minho said, "But, we need to ask a favour from you."

       "I want to see Dae first, then I'll we'll talk about favours and requests," Minji bargained. She was definitely the kind to not take no for an answer when she had her mind set on it. 

       "Okay," Minho nodded.

     They lead the way back into the hospital and up to Dae's room.

  "Minji!" Mr Kim's jumped to his feet when they entered the room. 

       "Mr Kim," Minji bowed respectfully, "good to see you, despite the circumstances. Minho and Q told me what happened."

      "Ah, yes," Mr Kim slowly nodded, "My apologies for not getting in touch with you sooner."

  "It's alright," Minji smiled, "How is he?" She asked, looking towards the bed. 

        "Stable," Mr Kim replied, "It's going to be a slow recovery, I'm afraid."

    Minji walked towards the side of the bed and grasped Dae's hand. "Hey, Dae, it's me," She whispered, "I don't know if you can hear me, but, I just want to let you know that I'll come by and visit everyday, that's a promise."