XO.4 ~ ICU

I woke up the next morning, feeling a bit more refreshed than I did last night. I was still jet-lagged, but the only way to overcome that quickly is to not surrender to sleep during the day.

    Looking at the time on my phone, jolted up in shock. It was nearly lunchtime! Man, I must have been more exhausted than I thought I was.

    I quickly got up and started to get things in order, making up the bed and unpacking my stuff into the walk-in closet. Yes, my room has a walk-in closet.

    It didn't take me long to unpack. Since the shelves and racks in the closet were so accessible, it was a lot easier. Grabbing a set of clothes, I walked into the bathroom and got ready.

    Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I took in a deep breath. The top priority today was to go to the hospital to see how Dae was doing. Honestly, I don't think I've ever visited anyone in hospital who was in such a critical condition as Dae is in.

    Finishing up, I grabbed my phone and made my way down, aiming for the kitchen to grab something to eat.

      I got lost.

   It seemed like ages before I finally managed to find the kitchen. I made myself a cup of coffee and sat down at the kitchen island. Mr Lee soon found me there.

    "Ah, good morning, Miss Kitty," Mr Lee bowed in my direction, "did you have a good night's sleep?"

      "Yeah, I did," I nodded, "sorry I woke up late."

   "I believe travelling on a plane for over eleven hours is a good excuse to sleep in," Mr Lee laughed, "And anyway, technically you're not late as Mr Minho and Mr Q have yet to emerge from their rooms." He added.

      "They're still asleep then?" I made the assumption.

   Mr Lee nodded. "Are you hungry? I'm just about to cook breakfast. Although really, it's lunchtime. Hopefully, by the time it's all cooked, the boys will be up," He said.

     "Breakfast, or lunch rather, sounds like a good idea," I agreed.

 Mr Lee began to bring out ingredients from the fridge and the cupboards.

    "So what are you planning for lunch then?" I asked, keeping the conversation going to fill the silence.

     "Korean-style fried rice, beef bulgogi stir fry and kimchi on the side," Mr Lee replied.

 "Wow, that's, uh, a lot of food you're making for just the four of us," I observed.

      "All the leftovers will be packed up for you to take to the hospital to give to Mr Kim and his daughter. Mr Minho has requested that I make a lot for that purpose as he guesses that Mr Kim will be too worried to think about getting a proper meal to eat," Mr Lee explained.

     I felt myself smiling at that. Seems like Minho was really caring and kind underneath his cocky exterior.

      "What happens to Bora while her dad sits in the hospital?" I inquired, taking a sip of my coffee.

    "As far as I know, and this information is from Mr Q, Bora is still going to school during the day. I believe some relatives are coming to Seoul to help look after her. An aunt or something like that," Mr Lee responded.

    The door to the kitchen opened and in walked Minho, looking like an absolute zombie. His eyes were bloodshot, and he had bags under his eyes. When his eyes fell on me, he paused.

    "Hi, Minho," I gave him a small smile, getting up from my stool and walking towards him.

   He continued to stare at me, probably still half asleep to the point where he had forgotten I had arrived in Seoul last night.