➼ EIGHT

EIGHT

KNOCK! KNOCK! THE DOOR OPENS AND FOOTSTEPS ARE HEARD

KNOCK! KNOCK! THE DOOR OPENS AND FOOTSTEPS ARE HEARD. "Wake up." A voice calls out walking into the room.

"Go away." Sam groans pulling the cover over her head.

"No." The voice says as she pulls the cover off of Sam. "We're going to a museum." They add.

"Amy." Sam whines. "Why a museum?" Sam groans as she sits up yawning.

"I dunno." Amy responds.

"Tell him I'll be ready soon." Sam says getting out of the bed.

"Ok." Amy says as she walks out the door.

Rolling her eyes, Sam grabs the clothes and gets changed. She puts her up in a ponytail and walks out of her bedroom door. The murmuring from the TARDIS console room is what greets her.

"Sleeping beauty is finally here." Amy smirks.

"Shut up." Sam glares at her. "Now what's this I hear about a museum." Sam smiles as she skips towards the Doctor.

"Nice to know that one of you is interested in the museum." The Doctor smiles.

The museum looks like it is based on the plans of a medieval church. The Doctor strides through, pointing at the displays and giving his opinion.

"Wrong! Wrong! Bit right, mostly wrong. I love museums." The Doctor grins.

"Yeah, great. Can we go to a planet now? Big space ship, Churchill's bunker...? You promised us a planet next." Amy says as she follows behind him.

"Amy, this isn't any old asteroid. It's the Delerium Archive, final resting place of the headless monks, the biggest museum ever." The Doctor states.

"You've got a time machine, what do you need museums for?" Amy questions.

"Wrong! Very wrong! Oooh, one of mine. Also one of mine." He rambles as he peers into display case.

"Oh, I see. It's how you keep score." Sam giggles as she watches him.

Something in the next display case catches the Doctor's eye. It's an antique version of the box we saw with the woman.

Intrigued, the Doctor looks at the top which bears strange symbols. "Oh great, an old box." Amy groans.

"It's from one of the old starliners. A Home Box." The Doctor states.

"What's a Home Box?" Sam questions him.

"Like a black box on a plane, except it homes. Anything happens to the ship, the Home Box flies home, with all the flight data." He responds.

"So?" Amy challenges.

"The writing, the graffiti Old High Gallifreyan. The lost language of the Time Lords." The Doctor informs them. "There were days, there were many days, these words could burn stars and raise up empires, and topple Gods." He adds.