➼ THREE

THREE:

THE DOCTOR AND SAM ENTER JEFF'S BEDROOM where Jeff is lying on his bed using his laptop

THE DOCTOR AND SAM ENTER JEFF'S BEDROOM where Jeff is lying on his bed using his laptop. "Hello. Laptop, give me!" The Doctor says as he grabs it.

"Do you know how to use the words please and thank you?" Sam asks the alien.

"Yes, I do." The Doctor responds. "But this important." He adds.

"No, no, no, no, wait, hang on!" Jeff complains refusing to let go.

"It's fine, give it here." He says taking the laptop and sits at the bottom of the bed. "Blimey! Get a girlfriend, Jeff." The Doctor states.

The door opens and Jeff's Gran enters. "I told you to delete your history." Sam glares at him. "You know Alfie likes to use your computer for doing his homework." She adds.

"I always delete my internet history." Jeff glares at her as she glares at him. "Gran." Jeff complains.

"What are you doing?" The old woman questions the man.

"The sun's gone wibbly, so right now, somewhere out there, there's going to be a big video conference call." The Doctor says as he keeps typing. "All the experts in the world panicking at once, and do you know what they need? Me. Ah, and here they all are. All the big boys. NASA, Jodrell Bank, Tokyo Space Centre, Patrick Moore." He tells them.

"Ooh, I like Patrick Moore." The old woman smiles.

"I'll get you his number, but watch him, he's a devil." The Doctor beams at the older woman.

"You can't just hack in on a call like that." Jeff states.

"Can't I?" The Doctor says holding some paper to the webcam.

"Who are you? This is a secure call. What are you doing?" A male voice sounds.

"Hello. I know, you should switch me off. But before you do, watch this." The Doctor informs them.

"It's here too, I'm getting it." Another male voice sounds.

"Fermat's Theorem, the proof, and I mean the real one, never seen before. Poor old Fermat, got killed in a duel before he could write it down. My fault, I slept in." The Doctor mumbles as Jeff and Sam share a look. "Oh, and here's an oldie but a goodie - why electrons have mass. And a personal favourite of mine, faster-than-light travel with two diagrams and a joke. Look at your screens. Whoever I am, I'm a genius. Look at the sun. You need all the help you can get. Fellas, pay attention." The Doctor instructs.

The Doctor is typing something on the mobile. "Sir, what are you doing?" An expert questions.

"I'm writing a computer virus. Very clever, super-fast, and a tiny bit alive, but don't let on. Why am I writing it on a phone? Never mind, you'll find out." The Doctor responds. "OK, I'm sending this to all your computers. Get everyone who works for you sending this everywhere. Email, text, Facebook, Bebo, Twitter, radar dish - whatever you've got. Any questions?" The Doctor rants.