➼ TWELVE

TWELVE

SAM BOUNCES INTO THE CONSOLE ROOM with her newly repaired trainers and twirls around

SAM BOUNCES INTO THE CONSOLE ROOM with her newly repaired trainers and twirls around. "They look brand new now." Sam beams at Amy.

"How did you fix them?" Amy questions her best friend with wide eyes.

"I basically bought stuff to make my own little tool kit last year." Sam says with a smile. "Oh hey, Rory." Sam smiles at him before doing a double take and hugging him.

"Hey, Sam." Rory chuckles as he hugs back. "You're here too." He says as she takes a step back from him.

"Yeah, basically, Amy forced me to go with them." Sam says.

"I did not." Amy argues.

"Yes, you did." Sam smirks.

"Where you there when she snogged him over there?" Rory asks her.

"You what?" Sam asks with wide eyes. "Amelia Pond, what the actual hell?" Sam bellows as she turns to face her best friend.

"Oh, not the full name." Amy mutters mutters. "Listen, it was a heat of the moment thing." Amy tries to bargain her way out of it.

"Was it really?" Sam questions her best friend as she glares at Amy.

"So, this date. I'm kind of done with running down corridors. What do you think, Rory?" Amy questions as she darts around Sam.

"How about somewhere... romantic?" The Doctor says as he sets the TARDIS in motion.

The TARDIS materizlises in the middle of a busy market and no one takes any notice. The DOCTOR is the first to exit.

"Venice! Venezia! La Serenissima! Impossible city. Preposterous city!" Rory, Sam and Amy look about in amazement. "Founded by refugees running from Attila the Hun. It was just a collection of little wooden huts in the marsh, but became one of the most powerful cities in the world. Constantly being invaded, constantly flooding... constantly... Just beautiful! Oh, you gotta love Venice. And so many people did. Byron, Napoleon, Casanova. Oooh, that reminds me. 1580. That's all right. Casanova doesn't get born for 145 years. Don't want to run into him. I owe him a chicken." The Doctor rambles.

"You owe Casanova a chicken?" Rory questions him.

"Long story. We had a bet." The Doctor states.

A small man dressed in black steps out in front of the Doctor. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! Papers, if you please. Proof of residency, current bill of medical inspection." The man says.

"There you go, fella." The Doctor says as he holds up a piece of paper which the Official takes. "All to your satisfaction, I think you'll find."

"I am so sorry, Your Holiness. I didn't realise." The man says as he bows deeply.

"No worries. You were just doing your job. Sorry, what exactly is your job?" The Doctor questions as he takes back the paper.

"Checking for aliens, visitors from foreign lands what might bring the plague with them." The man rambles.