➼ SEVEN

SEVEN

ANXIETY ROSE WITHIN SAM AS TIME GOES BY

ANXIETY ROSE WITHIN SAM AS TIME GOES BY. She stares at the Daleks each time they roll near her. Looking around the place, she realises something. Where's the rest of these Daleks at?

"Excuse me." Sam calls out causing the Daleks to turn towards her. "I've got a question for you because this ship is big for you three where's the rest of your Dalek friends?" Sam questions them.

"The rest of the Daleks died." One of the Daleks responds before turning back towards the massive machine in the room.

She turns her head and notices how the three Daleks watch as the Progenitor device continues to run its programmed course.

"The final phase commences, channel all reserve power to Progenitor." One of the Daleks says.

She turns around hearing the TARDIS materializes and the three Daleks swivel their top sections to see the Doctor emerge rubbing his hands.

"How about that cuppa now, then?" He asks them.

"Doctor." Sam breathes as she rushes towards him.

He smiles at her and hugs her tightly. "Are you ok?" He asks her, to which she nods.

"It is the Doctor! Exterminate!" The Daleks behind them screeches, the alien pushes Sam behind him.

"Wait, wait, wait, I wouldn't if I were you!" The Doctor says as he pulls out a small round object and holds it out in front of him. "TARDIS self-destruct. And you know what that means. My ship goes, you all go with it." The Doctor says.

"You would not use such a device." One of the other Daleks screams.

"Try me." He says as a Dalek moves forward. "Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah. No scans! No nothing! One move and I'll destroy us all, you got that? TARDIS bang-bang, Daleks boom!" The Dalek moves back. "Good boy. This ship's pretty beaten up - running on empty, I'd say, like you. When we last met, you were at the end of your rope. Finished." The Doctor says looking at the Daleks' instrument panels.

"One ship survived." The Dalek says.

"And you fell back through time, yes? Crippled? Dying?" The Doctor says as Sam looks at the Daleks with terror.

"We picked up a trace. One of the Progenitor devices." The Dalek replies.

"Progenitor? What's that when it's at home?" The Doctor asks.

"It is our past. And our future." The Dalek responds.

"Ohhh, that's deep. That is deep for a Dalek. What does it mean, though?" The Doctor questions.

"It contains pure Dalek DNA, thousands were created, all were lost, save one." The third Dalek explains.

"OK, but there's still one thing I don't get, though - if you've got the Progenitor, why build Bracewell?" The Doctor wonders.