I've lost count on how many shapes I've seen and felt. When I can no longer keep my arm up, Clovers sits down next to me and gently grabs my arm and holds it steady.

Shape after shape gives me the same information. Kings. Punishment. Darkness. Kailysta being withered. The Nightguard... But nothing of the mask.

An aggressive cough builds up in my throat, I try to keep it under control. Clover quickly tears the mirror out of my hand and the scene dies out.

"What are you doing?" I ask between the coughing fits.

My entire throat feels like it's on fire.

"It's enough."

I grimace. "We're going to die here."

He stands up and gives the mirror to Sun. "Keep it until she can use it again."

"Don't treat me like a child."

Clover sits down at the tower.

"Rest, Orchids," Sun orders me.

I crawl towards them, waves of pain shooting up my arms.

Anything new? Nine's words echo in my mind.

I lean towards the jet-black wall and close my eyes. They took the mirror from me.

Are you overworking yourself?

I don't answer.

You cannot do anything if you work yourself to the bone, Orchid. You need to rest like the rest of us.

I know, I send back. I'm just frustrated that I make no progress no matter how much I try.

It doesn't matter how many shape's memories I witness. It isn't bringing us any closer to the mask. At this rate I'm exhausting myself for no reason. I cough and push a shaky hand towards my mouth.

Rest, he says, a bit harsher this time, and when you can walk again move on to the tower I spoke of. If you haven't found anything there yet you're unlikely to ever find it.

I open my eyes and stare at the large tower, one of the smaller towers hides it from this angle. I can still see some of the red lights. Nine is right, if there is any answers of where the mask is located it'd likely be there, unless it has already been taken by the darkness. Then it won't matter how many shape's memories I witness.

The only thing filling the silence are our heavy breaths, but this world is uncomfortable silent. In a desperate need to break the silence I tell them what Nine had said, and that our next objective is the futuristic tower.

****

It doesn't get any better with time. If we keep sitting this close to the darkness – that's barely fifteen meters away from us – we won't be able to gather the energy we need to keep going. Clover is the healthiest of us, he could reach the futuristic tower, but only with one of us.

Sun stares at me with a gaze that's entirely drained of all energy. Her eyes are blank, they almost look dead. I know what she wants to say before she opens her mouth.

"Leave me here."

Clover quickly turns his head. "Are you insane?!"

"You're not going anywhere if you have to drag me along... Admit it, by this rate I'll only slow you down."