t w e n t y - t w o

×××

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 23

그대라는 시 (All about you)

×××

She sits there by her room's window, looking up to the half moon. On occasional days, she would be praising and admiring the beautiful crescent, but not tonight. She has been tossing around yet she failed to fall asleep as Baekhyun's words keep on lingering in her head.

She could sense his sincerity.

If there's one thing that surprised Taeyeon, it's his teary gaze. He had always thrown her the cold look, so when he finally breaks his own bricks, Taeyeon feels like she was seeing the see-through him.

I love you.

No one has ever really told her those before except for her brother. When he uttered it, her heart sank. When he moved closer and placed his lips upon her eyebrow, her heart no longer seen in the radar.

"70% as if," She says with a sigh.

Her eyes then stares at the empty cup in front of her. Perhaps she took too much caffeine today, but she needs more. Nothing can help clear her mind at the moment other than a coffee.

Taeyeon grabs the cup and quickly heads downstairs where from behind, she could see Baekhyun leaning against the couch back and sleeps with his arms crossed.

She mentally face-palms herself. As much as she wants to ignore his presence, it's harsh to not provide him a proper place to sleep. Enveloped by a sense of guilt, Taeyeon puts her cup down and runs upstairs, takes out a blue weighted blanket from her closet.

With cautious steps, Taeyeon saunters to the living room and sits next to him, making sure not let any sound out that can wake him up. She then pulls open the blanket and wraps him cozily within it.

After making sure he's deep in sleep, Taeyeon decides to stay longer.

She just wants to watch him sleep, but her fingers however, with wills of their own, refused to obey her own command as they lays upon his parted hair and moves them from covering his forehead.

Disrupted by the sudden touch, Baekhyun flickers his eyes open, making Taeyeon promptly removes her fingers away from him.

"Taeyeon?"

She wasn't what he expected to see, especially in middle of the night.

"Why?" He asks, sitting up straight, "Do you need anything?"

Taeyeon shakes her head, "N-nothing." She clears her throat, "Why didn't you lay down? Is it uncomfortable?"

"No, it's fine. I prefer sleeping this way."

Baekhyun lies.

The truth is he fell asleep while pondering if what he said were enough to convince her. He kept on rethinking if he had made any mistake while talking and if he should say more. Like he said, arranging words have never been his passion.

Taeyeon slowly bops her head to the respond. She wants to tell him that his position might cause him a backache but she keeps it down.

Hence, a long silence prevailed.

None of them knows what to say next, but their close distance makes her breath mingling with his as all the magnetic attractions drawing them together with strange, invisible effluences.