f o u r

×××

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝟓
Ghost

×××

The night's wind blows a cold breeze, signing that rain is about to fall later.

Despite the weather, the market is still full of people. The noisy ambiance fills with voices from the sellers who relentlessly promote their products. From left to right, Baekhyun can see various cosmetics and skincare, including personal items that are mostly fake.

He had never stepped on this place before.

Ara once wanted to stop by. She said it'd be nice to look around, but there was more she didn't know.

Not that he looks down on street markets, but Baekhyun knows enough about what the area is full of - none other than the place where illegal trades occur in secret.

Shortly before Baekhyun emerges himself in the crowds, he pulls the hood of his black hoodie over his head and slides both hands into the pockets. Without looking up, he walks towards the quiet alley Karl told him about two days back. Before he reaches there, a pair of aging hands stop his step, making Baekhyun turns his head.

"Look at these beautiful bracelets before you go," An old man says, grabbing Baekhyun's arm to his small stall.

Baekhyun releases his right arm from the grip, taken aback by the sudden offer, "No, thanks."

"This isn't fake, don't worry. My wife makes it." The older man picks up the bracelet and shows it to Baekhyun. He then explains the meaning behind the beads and their color, "You see this blue bracelet? It symbolizes serenity, which evokes trust, honesty, and loyalty towards another half of you."

"She's gone. All of her."

The expression of that elder changes as he understands the meaning behind those words, "Sorry to hear that."

Yeah, sorry, whatever.

"Gotta go."

"Wait." Once again, Baekhyun is stopped, "Take this."

The older man wears him a black bracelet, causing Baekhyun to jolt, "I said I'm not buying anything."

"I know," The man replies and smiles, "But take this nevertheless. Black doesn't always mean sorrow. It can be proof of the strength that you hide. I know it's not easy to let someone go. You're so fearless, young man."

The words daze him.

What's there to be denied? It's indeed not easy at all. He has to hide the pain as there is no one whom he can rely upon. He misses Ara so much that sometimes he wishes he could turn back time to those memories.

The older man smiles as he walks toward other customers.

Baekhyun takes out his wallet when uneasiness starts wrapping up his feelings. Deep down, he felt sorry for being rude. But he no longer knows how to express it.

And so, he left a 50,000 won note under the bracelet's box.

As Baekhyun steps further, he can see two guys with bulky figures waiting for him at the end of the alley.

"What takes you so long?" The guy that stands on the left asks.

"Not your problem," says Baekhyun.