n i n e

×××

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝟏𝟎
Adakah Engkau Menungguku (Are You Waiting For Me?)

×××

Karl smashes the glass across the barred window, and Baekhyun could hear him cussing. He briefly exchanges gaze with Il-sung, who also expects this scene.

"All my plans are ruined!" Karl scowls, spatting his rage loudly as anger flares across his face. His chest visibly moves up and down, burning with resentment.

"Even his sister is a piece of shit. Only bring troubles to me," He cusses under his breath.

Jung-Shik pulls out of their deal, not wanting to negotiate anymore, although Karl has offered more than Taeyeon. Just like that, he lost one million dollars that would've been his.

Baekhyun rests his hands in the pockets, leaning against the wall. Although he knows he might have been killed if Karl knew how Taeyeon got her scar, he couldn't care less. Prostituting her was never in the plan, and he doesn't like the idea of it.

"We should bring her out from this place," Il-sung says when Karl starts to simmer down, "Jung-Shik might betray us and tell the Blvck about our location. We should move."

To which Karl slightly nods, he replies, "But not all of us." He sits in the middle and continues, "We would be declared cowards if we do so."

Baekhyun heaves a breathless sigh. That's the Karl he used to know, and he never changed. A man who hates two things — to be challenged and looked down upon.

"Il-sung, stay."

His words confirmed Baekhyun as the one who has to hide with Taeyeon, causing Baekhyun to avert his gaze up, "What do you mean? I am the one who should stay!"

This is the moment he had long awaited. To finally confront those bastards and take their lives.

"You think they'd ambush with Taejoon?" Karl's question silence him, "Taejoon would observe from afar. He won't come down."

"What is he? A wimp?"

Karl lets out a half-suppressed laugh at the title, "That's Taejoon. He uses brain instead of strength."

Baekhyun gives a short snort of dissatisfaction. This plan is getting dragged out again, and he hates it.

"Be patient, Baekhyun," Karl reminds him, "If you explode now, all of our efforts will be in vain."

×××

The sky shifted to a darker shade when the sun's rays that illuminated it disappeared. Again, Taeyeon finds herself sitting in the dark space hastening with a lantern.

The last meal she ate was the bread, which was only half of it, and now, she could hear her stomach grumbling.

Still, she won't expect them to serve her anything. After what had happened, they probably would starve her for days.

Taeyeon gazes down at the white handkerchief that wraps around the injured skin on her left forearm.

She utterly knows that no matter what, she is still in danger, and none of them should be trusted. She is still rigidly controlled under their guards.