t w e l v e

×××

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝟏𝟑
Grey

×××

The grocery shopping went faster than Taeyeon thought. Though she just followed him from behind, but his buying behavior almost made her want to halt those hands from carelessly pick stuffs.

Baekhyun didn't even check the price tag and put everything in the trolley. The amount of foods and drinks they bought seemed like they were about to be quarantined for a year.

After they had done with the payment, Taeyeon reaches out to a few plastic bags filled with drinks and cooking ingredients when those hands are suddenly halted.

"Why?" Taeyeon asks, looking at Baekhyun who takes over the plastic bags.

"I'll take this. You can take the rest."

Taeyeon casts her gaze to the remaining two bags filled with tissue boxes and snacks.

"I can carry those with one hand. Come on, let me bring those drinks."

Baekhyun swiftly lifts six plastic bags, three on each of his hand and walks through the people to get out of the store.

Taeyeon grumbles in a low voice as she grasps the plastic bags left and follows him behind.

When they arrives home, Taeyeon straightly makes her way to the kitchen and starts organizing stuffs into the fridge and cabinet. She then knits her eyebrows together at the sight of a cooking ingredient she never known before.

"What is this," she says, in a little too high volume that it can be heard by Baekhyun.

"Don't complain. It's not your money," Baekhyun retorts.

Do not question his sudden change of mood. Seeing her carefully organizes things and checks every single detail reminds him of Ara, and he hates that it's her.

Excuse me, Mister. I'm not asking you!

Was what she wanted to say soon as she heard his remark.

"Yeah..," Taeyeon utters, quickly putting what seemed like a sauce into the cabinet, "Sorry."

Taeyeon breathes out as she tries to relax herself.

Calm down Taeyeon, you can punch him in your dream later.

Her eyes shortly gazes up to the wall clock, looking at the hour hand that is pointing to almost seven in the evening.

It's going to be dinner soon.

"Erm.. what do you want for dinner?" A bit hesitation can be heard in her voice as she asks.

She's not a professional in cooking, nor someone who has a passion in them, but she can do it. She would cook for herself every day, and it'd be more convenient rather than having to order outside.

"I'll cook my own meal," He replies in a casual tone.

It's not that he has doubts. Seeing how petite she is, he knows she wouldn't put any harm in her cooking. But none of this was real. Things that he can do by himself, he'd never look at her way and ask for help.

"Oh..," Taeyeon bits her down lip as she hears his answer. God, shouldn't even ask..

Baekhyun gets up from his seat, grabs the plastic bag full of tools he bought earlier to repair the broken water pipe, and steps inside the bathroom.