e i g h t e e n

×××

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝟏𝟗
좋아해요 ( I like you)

×××

Baekhyun sits by the dining table. With a glass of water in his hand, he has been staring at the closed door for two hours now. Deep down, he wishes he would have courage to go knock and say things out loud.

He likes her. A lot.

Only a fool would not notice how he has taken care of her all this time. Even though every word that comes out from his mouth is harsh, no one knows how he truly feel.

It's rarely his point of view.

He likes her in a way that even himself couldn't explain. He has been denying it and act harshly to hide his actual feeling. There is something when she's closer; something that makes him want to protect her just the way he was in love before.

But his guilty towards Ara stops him from continuing his steps towards Taeyeon.

How could he change that quick? He comes here for Ara, and he shall come back also for Ara.

Baekhyun heaves a sigh as he rests his head on top of the table, using his right arm as support.

What a mess.

×××

Withered flowers. Dead leaves. 

Baekhyun roams the place with his eyes; he recognizes the area, it used to be his favorite but why does it look different? Baekhyun trudging across the endless path, stepping on the rustling dried leaves and flowers that seems to be long dead.

'What happened?' He questions himself.

As he continue walking, his eyes freezes upon a figure he long yearning for.

"Ara?" He calls her name as he paces towards her. 

But she remains silent, not answering, nor turning her body. She keeps on walking forward, ignoring his anguished shrieks.

He then yells her name again, for a few more times, but no matter how long he walks and runs, Ara continuously moves further.

As time gradually passes by, Baekhyun could feel his legs almost give in. He practically drags his legs to reach her, but no matter how weary and worn he is, the distance is only growing apart.

Until he finally surrenders. 

He no longer calls her name. His eyes are no longer on her, and he could feel a deep breath of relief when he stops.

"That's what we are now, Byun Baekhyun."

Baekhyun lifts his head, looking straight to the owner of the voice, the one he has been chasing desperately. She looks down upon him and wears a beautiful smile he has long not seen.

"We are no longer what we were."

The sentence strikes him and he could feel his vision slowly blurred by a sudden tears.

"You are tired," She says, in a comforting tone, "You can stop now."

"But," Baekhyun utters. He wants refuse. He wants to say that he doesn't want to give up, and that everything he's doing now, is for her. But the words somehow fail to come out.

"See?" She says, almost in tears as she speaks, "I know you've worked really hard. But please don't ruin your life for me. I'm fine, I'm doing really fine. It hurts me every time you look miserable down there. You deserves happiness, Baekhyun."

She suddenly crouches down, wiping his tears away and slowly turns his head to his left.

"You love her."

As he turns his tearful eyes to gaze upon the petite figure who smiles at him from afar, Baekhyun's lips has unconsciously curled upwards.

'She looks so beautiful.'

Baekhyun soon stands on his weak feet as he gently makes step towards her. With reaching hand that has been waiting for him, Baekhyun extends his palm to hold hers. 

His eyes then catch on Ara who smiles upon them.

"Goodbye," He silently mouths.

And that was the last time he saw her before she sidle away and melt into the thin air.

×××

- To be continued. -