t h r e e

×××

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝟒
When You Love Someone

×××

Taejoon's voice turns rough as he speaks to the phone, utterly different from the soft tone he'd use with Taeyeon.

"What do you want?"

"It's important," the voice, known as Jae to Taejoon, answers.

Taejoon's eyes ramble around, ensuring no one can hear the conversation before he continues, "Make it quick."

"He got us. One of our fellows was shot to death just now."

Taejoon groans. By the mention of 'he', he already knows who'd that be.

"Details."

"He asked for the red diamond. That person of ours told him everything, including the color and size of the box."

"Shit," Taejoon curses under his breath.

No one except their gang should know the visual appearance of the diamond's box. It has been hidden with them for almost two years now.

That's right.

The Blvck possesses the Red Diamond. Gems that almost everyone, including the authorities, eye. It is worth more than one can guess.

Not even Taeyeon knows this.

As much as he says he would never keep a secret from her, but Taejoon has been hiding his real identity from her for years.

Their parents left him with a huge responsibility that was too heavy and impossible to be borne at that age. He had to manage Taeyeon, who was, at that time, thought her world was crushed entirely down and could never be built again.

He was desperate. He needed to find a fast way to make money to support their lives. Thus, SG's presence was like a fierce light creeping into the blackness that filled Taejoon's space.

He was straightforwardly offered to join the gang with an amount of money that he couldn't refuse. Despite knowing the possible dangers that may face him, Taejoon didn't think of anything but money at that time.

Guess that was the right choice.

Years later, he still firmly stands, controlling one of the sets and leading a part of the gang.

"Keep things under control. I'll be back before 9."

×××

Taeyeon looks around. She unconsciously shook her legs while playing with her fingers.

'What taking him so long?'

Five minutes feels like hours. Her eyes are tired of roaming around, acting as if everything amazes her to avoid any contact with the workers.

She had enough of praising the ceiling, the tiles, the selection of paints, and even the tiny plant on the table that she owns precisely the same back home.

Taeyeon sighs. She tries to act usual by quietly inhaling a deep breath. But soon after, the sudden presence of a female waiter in front of her makes Taeyeon more anxious.