Best Fur-End

I PROMISE THE TITLE IS THE ONLY CAT PUN I MADE-

(AN This spawned after some drawings I did on my Aggie/Magma/whatever-you-call-it and I read a different fanfic 🤣
This takes place before the main events of my AU ^^
Enjoy!)

🐱🐱🐱

Queen Dice had to be quick to drop off these contracts, as the Casino was rather busy. Who knows how many tables Hopus Popus and Ms. Wheezy would be able to handle before one of them snapped.
Quickly opening the Boss' office door, she stopped short at the sight. Blinking, Queen Dice wondered if she had been seeing things. Perhaps her lack of sleep may have finally been getting to her.

Maybe she was crazy, but there was a cat sleeping on top of the Boss' desk. It had a soft-looking, jet black coat of fur at quite a long length. Definitely sleeping, she could hear the distinct sound of purring coming from the cat. Unknowing if the animal was friendly or not, Dice quickly maneuvered into the office, quickly dropping the papers close to the cat with the rest of them. Planning to head back out immediately, Dice froze when the cat moved. Yawning and stretching, it slowly opened its eyes, revealing a beautiful shade of gold. Slowly waking up, it's eyes seemed to widen when it saw Queen Dice.

"Uhm... Hello?" Queen Dice asked cautiously.

The cat didn't move, nor did it make a sound. It just stared at Dice with those empty- yet oddly beautiful- golden eyes.

"Hi kitty, where'd you come from, Hmm?" Queen Dice asked in a sweet voice but was still cautious.

The cat jumped down from the desk before stretching and shaking off, and trotted over to Queen Dice, rubbing its head and side against her legs.

"Awe, you are friendly!" Queen Dice knelt down to pet the cat, the animal gladly taking the scratches on it's head and chin. "And you're so pretty too."

The cat never stopped purring, that is, until Queen Dice stopped and headed to the door.

"Mrrr?"

"I'm sorry, kitty, but I can't stay here all day. If the Boss found out I was slacking off, she'd obliterate me. I'm sure she won't mind you staying in here until my shift ends though."

Blinking again, the cat let out a long, whiny meow, almost as if it were complaining.

"I'm sorry, I have to go..."

"Mreoooooooooooow!" It let out another, longer cry.

"I'll be back soon, don't worry."

"Mrrrow!" This one being quick, the cat laid down on the ground and rolled over on its back, looking at Dice.

"Awwwwwwe!"

Queen Dice contemplated what she should do. Sure, the Devil would be absolutely livid to not only find her not working, but tending to a stray cat. But on the other hand; that cat is so cute!

"Mrrow?"

Queen Dice thought for a moment, glancing to the door, then back to the cat.

"I'm... I'm sure you're hungry, aren't you, kitty?" She knelt down once more, the cat quickly rolling back over and let out a chirp of affirmation. "Well, I'm... I'm sure the Boss won't mind if I feed you real quick."

"Mrr."

🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛

Most remarkably about this cat, is that it was very particular about what it would eat. It didn't like the crunchy cat food Queen Dice had bought- or nearly every other kind of cat food she had gotten. Though, with some convincing, it seemed to have caved and was willing to eat it. Deciding that the Devil wouldn't appreciate a stray cat in her office, Dice moved its living quarters to her office.
She eventually did get back to work, but would check in on the cat often to make sure it was ok. And every time, the kitty seemed to have wanted her to stay. Though she wanted to, the other Casino workers weren't at all happy with her when she came back later than she said she would or when she kept dipping to check on the cat.