The Devil's Birthday Part 4 of 5

"You remember what we talked about?" Queen Dice hid her nerves rather easily, though she was alone aside from Henchwoman in the elevator.

"Yes, I remember- But why do I gotta do it?!" Henchwoman looked up at her.

"Because I'm planning the party and Stickler would just immediately spill the tea about what we're doing!"

"I like tea though. I think tea is rather nice. 'Specially with milk- "

"THIS AIN'T ABOUT TEA!"

Henchwoman jumped, cowering slightly, Queen Dice cleared her throat, looking away.

"Sorry for yelling." She folded her hands behind her back. "I just don't want this to be ruined."

"I know, I do too. Seeing the boss happy just..." Henchwoman sighed. "Just makes me happy... She's so pretty..."

"Uh-huh."

"And so nice."

"That's a Hell of a stretch."

"I want this to go as swimmingly as you do."

"Right, so just keep her distracted for about an hour. Just long enough for us to set up the party. Take her pick-pocketin' or somethin'. Then bring 'er back here, make sure she has no idea what's been planned." Henchwoman nodded, the doors of the elevator opening after they got to the top floor of Hell; The Casino. "Don't let her know anythin' 'bout nothin'."

"Don't let who know about what?"

The two of them screamed, the Devil right next to the doorway.

"Uhm- Uh- Y'know... Uhm... We don't... We don't wanna tell... Tell Uhm..." Henchwoman looked to Dice exasperatedly for help.

"Uhm... Chips! We bought some ice cream!"

"Right! And Uhm... and... We don't want her eating it and getting all sick... wouldn't want her getting sick while in work... Cuz, y'know... Y'know Boss... She's Uhm... Allergic to dairy."

Henchwoman and Queen Dice smiled, trying to hide the guilt and lies behind them. The Devil blinked a few time before smirking and snickering.

"Your secret is safe with me." She winked. "I'll have to get some later."

"Yeah, yeah... Uhm Boss, I was wondering- "

"Not now, Henchwoman." The Devil waved her away. "Dice? Can we have our date night a night early this week?"

"Oh! Uhm... Gee, Boss, I'd love to, but... But... I- I've already made plans with Wheezy... To play Yahtzee..."

'Yahtzee??' Henchwoman mouthed to her, half flabbergasted and half disgusted.

"Yahtzee...? You? And Wheezy are gonna play Yahtzee?"

"We're playin' for money, I owe her ten bucks, she owes me fifty, stuff like that, Boss."

"Oh... Of course... Alright..."

"Oh, but Boss! I was wondering, would you like to go into town with me...? Maybe cause some misery...? Pick-pocketing?" Henchwoman asked The Devil, throwing a small smile at the demon.

"Oh, I'd love that! Of course!"

Henchwoman was probably more real excited than acting excited. The two of them walked off, the Devil giving Queen Dice a side glance, signifying they she was on to her. Queen Dice struck her winning smile, batting her eyelashes at her wife as she disappeared around the corner.

"Dicey, what have you gotten yourself into?" Queen heaved a loud sigh, speed walking to the break room.

🥳🥳🥳

Pick-pocketing was something any sinner would enjoy. Actually getting away with it was something an expert sinner could get away with.

Of course, who's a better sinner than the Devil herself?

She truly enjoys seeing the dumbfounded faces of those she duped or tricked. Of course, no one questioned an innocent-looking lady enjoying a glass of brandy. Even if she barely tried to change her appearance, as long as people respected her or feared her, they wouldn't dare come near.

Henchwoman knew there wasn't a lot of things the Devil could enjoy among the mortals in this world, so she tried to help her boss make the best of it. Tonight was no exception, until the Devil agreed to go to dinner with her. The Devil was unusually quiet, though normally she wasn't very talkative around Henchwoman unless given reason to. But while Lucifer usually would be looking rather tranquil on a beautifully starry night like this, her mind seemed to be elsewhere. She spun her straw around her drink- some type of margarita- with a single finger, the edge of her long black fingernail.

"It's ah... It's a real pretty night...?" Henchwoman made an attempt to spring up a conversation.

"Mmm-Hmm."

"The stars sure are pretty."

"Yep."

"Ain't you... like... named after a star- "

"Lucifer Morningstar, that's my real name." The Devil furrowed her eyebrows, her gold eyes glued to the straw spinning in the drink.

"Right... Boss- Er- Lucifer."

"You can call me Boss when we're in disguise, just don't call me the D word."

"Donut?"

The Devils face went deadpan as her eyes shot up.

"Yes, Henchwoman, Donut." Her golden eyes rolled to the skies and landed back on her drink.

They both fell silent, the restaurant not very loud to begin with. Aside from the shallow muttering of everyone around them and the occasional laughter coming from a table. It was pretty late in the night, and on a week night with that. So the restaurant wasn't very busy.

The waiter came by with their food, placing both of their dishes in front of them.

"Can I get you anything else, ladies?" He asked.

"Can I get some guacamole for this sushi?" Henchwoman looked up at him.

"Ma'am, are you sure? There's already spice in that sushi- "

"Get her the guac you bitch-ass-spoon-ass-fucker." The Devil snapped, making the man jump and hurry off towards the kitchen.

"He's a spoon?"

"I dunno, he looks like someone I know that's a spoon. Ask if his name is Salvador or something when he gets back."

Henchwoman paused for a moment, debating on whether she'd like to risk losing her head.

"Boss? Is there something eating at you?"

"No. I'm fine."

"Boss, you can tell me anyth- "

"I said I'm fine."

Henchwoman knew very well that she didn't have the stare Queen Dice had to get the truth out of her. But she could also tell when something was bothering the demon.

"You sure?"

"No..." The Devil sighed sadly, she stared down to her food. "Can I ask you a question, Henchwoman."

"Anything Boss!"

"Are you keeping a secret from me?"

Henchwoman paused, a fear-struck look across her face.

"Uhm..."

(The Salvador reference is an oc from my friend Nightmaretherabbit on tumblr (go check them out!))