"Is there something on my face?" I snapped, narrowing my eyes at him. I assumed it maybe would have been to do with the fact that I was just in a sports bra and shorts, but apparently not. 

"More like your neck," Leandro said lazily as he lifted his gaze from my body and walked to one of the arm chairs in the corner of the room. 

I lifted my hand to my neck and rolled my eyes, wanting to kick both Anton and Leandro equally as hard, but before I could make a remark Jacob was tossing his hoodie at me. I caught it and held it up with a look of confusion, but when I read the look in his eyes I understood that maybe it would have been best. 

"Fine," I muttered, pulling the hoodie that swallowed me whole on. 

"We've got an update from Gianluca, he sent Domenico a message an hour ago saying he was coming to New York and would be at the gala tonight." Leandro muttered, and I watched as his fist tightened and relaxed as he relayed the news. "You're supposed to be going to that with Raul, no?"

I tore my eyes away from him as he turned to look at me, "Yeah, I am." 

"Well, good for you that Anton and I are both having to make a late entrance. You'll be able to get stuff on both of them without either of us getting in your way." He sighed 

"Arté, this means you're gonna have to be really clever about what you say to Raul tonight. He can't walk away from this suspecting anything." David said, and I saw the look of concern in his eyes. It was rare for him to be nervous. 

"Got it," I nodded, pushing my back harder into the wall to ground myself. 

"Good, same set up as last time, Jacob and Alvaro on surveillance and I'll be with them." David said, and I made a move to go to the door, taking it that my presence wasn't needed any longer. 

"Artemisia," his deep voice spoke suddenly, cutting through the silence with his commanding tone. I turned to face him, keeping a look of boredom on my face. "Make sure you cover up the animal bites you've got on your neck, don't want Raul thinking you've caught anything." Leandro muttered, and for all Alvaro found it comical, Leandro found it less than as he ran a tense hand down his thigh. 

I met his gaze as I spoke next, my enraged eyes meeting his dark ones. 

"Yeah, well you keep yours on a leash tonight. I can't be bothered for any of her drama," I snapped back before spinning on my heels and walking out the room, anger coursing through me. 

That was enough of this place for me today, and I left on my own accord, telling Sam to ask Alvaro or Jacob what had me in such a foul mood, before deciding to run home as a means to get rid of my own anger. 

- 

I gazed at myself in the reflection of the windows outside the hotel, wondering if white was the best option, but I settled on the fact that it was considering the attention I was getting. 

No, I wasn't happy about the attention, I was happy about the fact that Raul would see that he had competition, and the man seemed to be one of those who was careless in proving his masculinity. 

Even if it meant spilling secrets that could have his entire family killed when traced back to him. 

And when we walked into the ballroom of the Waldorf Astoria I felt an excitement wash over me, I had a good feeling that tonight I was going to get somewhere with this man. It reminded me of what my life was like prior to Leandro's presence, how much I loved the thrill of the chase.

So, I got to work. 

Raul was handsy, but I knew better than to say anything. I was just looking forward to the moment that the infamous Gianluca would show up.