Which Reality Is Next?

Greetings! I'm still alive!!! Been so long since I've updated this story. Sorry about that. Been busy with school and the trapped in an Otome game fanfic. Though I've found myself having a bit more free time to add a few things here.

The main reason for the delay is me having a hard time choosing which Jaune should be shown next.

I'm torn between three you see.

So, I just figured that I'd let you all decide which one should be used for the next chapter. However, instead of just listing them down with a bit of detail on their backstory, I think it will be much more entertaining if I place them in a trailer form or post some of the future scenes.

I hope you all enjoy it!

-From yours truly, EB

-----------------------------
JAUNE VERSION 936002
"STORY KEEPER"
-----------------------------

In the beginning, when life came into existence, so too did its story. From its humble beginnings onto its inevitable end. However, its story can be passed on. Through memory, its tale can be preserved, carried down to the next generation, and creating the concept of legacy.

However, stories are more easily forgotten than remembered and for one's story to be forgotten, especially when they are long since gone, is the most terrible of fates.

For your story to be lost, it would be like you never existed at all.

Such is why some took it upon themselves to preserve stories, both good and bad.

Mortals who swore to preserve the stories of all beings.

Such dedication, such determination...would mean nothing in the face of their mortality. Soon enough, their times shall come...

However...

There are beings out there who belong outside the concept of time. Beings of unimaginable power, those who can bend our reality to their will. It was by coincidence that one such being took an interest in these mortals' convictions. Amused, this entity gave them what they needed to accomplish their goals. Not out of goodwill, but out of boredom.

Mortals became Immortals, both in body, mind, and soul. Simple creatures of blood and flesh transcended past their limitations to become what they wanted to be. Wielding powers drawn from the cosmos to protect their collection from all who wish to destroy them.

They are the preservers of the tales of life, protectors of old epics and new legends.

They are the Story Keepers.

*

"Hey, Jaune! What are you reading?!?!"

"Gaah!"

Jaune, a young boy in his mid-teens who is fit and tall, though a bit scraggly looking because of his clothes, jumped in fright at Nora's sudden appearance.

"Please don't do that again Nora. You know how I am with you just popping around when I least expect it.", Jaune pleaded but the huntress in training simply giggled.