"Why do you always sit in my section?" I asked when I got beside him.

He turned his face towards me and smiled.

"I thought it was obvious, I come to see you. I called you earlier." Blake said.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah sorry, I was going to call you after work."

"Right." He said sarcastically.

I took a deep breath and asked, "What can I get you?" as I got ready to write.

When he didn't say a word, I looked at him and he had the look in his eyes that I knew very well.

"What can I get you from the food menu?" I rephrased with half a smile.

"My usual." He said with a smirk.

I nodded my head. "Coke with a BLT sandwich with a side of fries?" I asked.

He nodded his head in approval.

I wrote it down, "Won't be to long." I said then left.

I put his order in with our cook and then started up on his Coke.

"Now he's a fine looking man." I heard. I turned and Maddy was beside me, checking out Blake.

He was nice to look at. I had to be blind not to see it. With his 6'2, muscular frame, short dark brown hair that almost looked black, but when the Sunlight hit, you could see the brown. His piercing dark blue eyes which I couldn't look into for long, they made me feel like he could see right through me. That with every lie I had told him, he could see the truth.

"I guess." I said.

"I guess? He comes here and sits at one of your tables. Please know he's here for you." She said.

"Leave it alone Maddy." I warned her.

I never discussed my personal life at work. Emily was right about that, I do keep people at arms length. It's not that I dislike my co-workers or that I don't want to trust them, I just don't want them as friends, as cold as that might sound.

"All I'm saying is that he's cute." She said.

I looked at her and she smiled at me then left me alone.

I brought Blake his drink and was ready to turn and leave when he spoke up.

"Why didn't you stay this morning?" He asked.

"I had things to do." I answered and I wasn't lying for once.

"You always have things to do."

I looked around and I could see Maddy and Rachel looking our way.

"I'm not talking about this here or now." I said in a warning tone.

"Okay. You know where I live." He said.

I stayed there not knowing what to do. Do I just turn and leave? Do I tell him I'll come over tonight and we can talk?

Emily's words still stuck in my head and it was driving me crazy.

Taking a deep breath, I looked at him and made the decision to turn and leave.

I went back behind the counter and pretended I had something to do and look busy. Our boss, Lucas always told us to be busy or at least look like it.

There were no waiters who worked at the diner, Lucas liked that it was only women. We were slim, fit and most of our customers were men. It didn't take a genius to know that they didn't come here for the food. The only male employee other than Lucas was the cook, Martin. He was really nice as was his wife, she'd come here to eat from time to time and she could make me laugh.