28-Eyes

"YOU TRICKED US!? YOU'RE GONNA REGRET THIS!" Momo yelled at the two who'd set them up. Alluka bit her lip. Why'd Kaminari lie about that? Mineta she sort of understood, he was always saying weird things. Suddenly she noticed people...whispering and pointing to her. Alluka lowered the pompoms she was holding, hesitating. Why are so many people staring at me...? A lot of people were staring at the group of girls, but the stares directed at Alluka were different. She shifted, trying to hide the tears welling up from her eyes. I don't like how people are looking at me...I don't understand, do I look weird?

Her eyes locked with Kaminari's, he hesitated for a moment at her expression. He almost looked...guilty. Alluka turned and ran away, trying not to cry. She needed to get away from it. The staring, the whispering. "Alluka!" Alluka looked over her shoulder, wiping her eyes. "What do you want, Kamiari?" Kaminari rubbed the back of his head. "Listen I...I'm sorry. You look really uncomfortable..." She could tell he genuinely felt bad, and she sighed. "It's ok. I...I just don't understand why everyone was looking at me like that. Do I look..weird?" Alluka couldn't quite read her friend's expression. "Don't listen to anyone who tells you you're not pretty, ok?" Alluka nodded. "Ok..." Kaminari patted her shoulder. "And after that let's go play some of the games! Doesn't that sound fun?" She nodded, smiling. "Mhm!"

Alluka got dressed in her normal uniform, then she and Kaminari walked out to the field as they were chatting. "Get away from her you pervert!" Jiro snapped, flicking one of her earphone jacks. It just barely missed his face, and he yelped. "Hey! I didn't do anything-" Alluka huffed and wrapped her arms around Kamiari. "Go away! Beh!" She stuck her tongue out at Jiro, who glanced at her with a confused expression. "Wait, are you two seriously a thing?" Did she just call him a thing? Alluka thought, in indignation. Kaminari stammered. "W-what!? No you've got the wrong idea Jiro-" Alluka scowled. "Kaminari's not a thing! Rude."

The duo looked at her with an odd expression. "That's uh- not what I meant" Jiro said, frowning. She blinked. "Huh?" Alluka let go of him. "Then what did you mean?" Kaminari blinked. "How do you not know what that means?" Alluka thought hard. "Uh...wait I'm thinking." Is this like a common phrase? Am I supposed to know it? I don't know what it means either to be honest. "Anyways-" ,"Alluka come with me!" Alluka yelped as Sato grabbed her and started dragging her away, people dragged her away a lot more than she'd like. "What is Sato?"

Sato showed her a card, on it said the word 'cat' Alluka laughed. "Sato that won't work." He grinned. "Well it might." he brought Alluka over to the judge, who happened to be present mic. He looked curiously at Alluka, confused. Alluka giggled and made a cat face. "Meow." Sato snorted. "It counts!" Mic shouted. She snickered and looked at Sato. "I told you it would work," he said, patting her head. Alluka huffed. "You do that a lot." the taller male laughed awkwardly. "Sorry, do you not like it?" Alluka blinked. "No it's fine, everybody does that pretty much. You just do it a lot more than most people." Sato laughed. "Well it's a bit hard to hug you without suffocating you due to our height difference, so I usually do that instead." , "That makes sense." Alluka admittedly enjoyed the display of effection anyways.

Twenty minutes later Alluka was sitting beside Sato, watching the first fight about to commence. It was the purple haired guy from before, Shinso, against Midoriya. I still don't know what Shinso's quirk is...Shinso spoke, and Midorya's eyes narrowed. He took a few steps forward, opening his mouth. As soon as he spoke his body froze. Alluka's breath hitched. She couldn't take her eyes off Midoriya's. How they were eerily void of thought and emotion. Then, he slowly started walking. "Alluka are you alright..?" She couldn't reply, her mind was in a state of panic.

Her breath came short and fast as she scrambled under her be, tiny pale form shimmering. Footsteps lumbered across the room she no longer felt safe in, an arm stooping low to scrub a dark crimson splatter on the floor. Eyes void of emotion, lower jaw hanging loose. "Clean..." came a low murmur, from those faded purple lips. Alluka covered her mouth, tears rolling down her cheeks. The head turned, the gleam of a needle embedded in the back of the dazed butler's head catching the light.

785 words

To be continued...

time for angst, yay :D