6- A Sweet aroma

As days passed Alluka relaxed a little. She spent loads of time with Nanika, and even managed to let Bisky agree to letting her take a day off to go have fun! Alluka walked down the street, smiling. She loved the air, the people, the streets, she loved everything about the outdoors. It was so new. It was so...free. Her eyes shined as she saw a particular building, it's shelves lined with pastries and cakes. They look so yummy! Alluka walked in, the bell on the door dinging to announce her arrival. The store was cozy and smelled like freshly baked goods.

Alluka took a moment just smelling the sweet air, smiling. It smells so good in here! "Hello there young lady," an older woman said from the counter. "What can I get for you?" Alluka looked around, drooling a little. "I simply can't choose! There's too many, I want all of them." The woman laughed. "My, aren't you cute. You have to choose darling." Alluka huffed. But I want all of them. "I can't pick," The woman at the counter sighed. "Well-" , "I'll just take all of them" she said, with a smile. The woman at the counter blinked. "Pardon?" Alluka smiled. "I said I want all of them, how much would that be?"

"You want to...buy out the whole store?"

"Yeah!"

The woman at the counter looked at her quizzically. "Listen, sweetie. You don't have enough money for it. And even if you did, there's a limit on how many items you can buy per person in the store." a frown went across Alluka's face. "Ok then...one of each?" she tried, bouncing on her toes. "Hun...there's a limit on how many pastries per person you can buy." the older woman repeated to her, tone lowering slightly. Alluka tapped her fingers on the counter, biting her lip. "Well..how about one of each type then?" There was a sigh, and the woman rubbed her temples. "Dear, just pick one or get out" Alluka frowned. "But i cant choose..." There were just too many options, she couldn't pick just one. Why couldn't she just have one of each? It didn't make any sense. "Kid. buy something, or leave. It's that simple" The older woman said, a clear underlying irritation in her words. "But-"

"Get out."

Alluka walked down the street with her head lowered, sniffling a little. I don't understand why she was so mean... All she wanted was some pastries. "You alright?" Alluka looked up glumly. "Hm?" a very tall muscular young man with a wide build was standing in front of her. "No..." The teenager frowned a little, then bent his knees a little to get closer to her height as he towered over her. "What happened?" Alluka sighed. "I couldn't choose what kind of pastry I wanted from the pastry shop and the lady kicked me out.."

"Well, I could give you some brownies I have left over from a school baking fair," he said with a shrug, pulling out a container. "Nobody wanted...them. They aren't that good." he said, with an awkward smile. Alluka's eyes shined a little and took one of them, before taking a bite. Her eyes widened, shining. "Mm!" She shoved the rest in her mouth, then grabbed another. "So good!" The teenager blinked. "Really?" She nodded eagerly, taking five more. "You can have the rest! I don't need a whole lot" she said, smiling. "Oh- I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Alluka Z-" she cut herself off. "K-Krueger! Alluka Krueger.

"I'm Rikido Sato! nice to meet you."

620 words

To be continued...