GET OUT

As much as I loved my girlfriend and understood that she'd been through a traumatic event, she was staying a but too close.

I loved clingy Gwen, she loved kisses and cuddles, she loved tickles and loved to giggle and it was always amazing having her right next to me, but when working it wasn't so easy.

I was on set helping film a music video/short film for one of my close friends (any guesses who?) and they'd allowed Gwen on set with me.

When we went back to the hotel every night, she would always join me for a shower and then we would cuddle in bed. It was becoming too much. She was coming everywhere with me.

I should talk to her.

"Gwen, angel, we need to talk." I sighed, putting my book down one evening.

She nodded showing she was listening.

"Can we maybe go talk to a therapist soon, or can we try and have you stay here. I love you Gwen, but it's getting hard to do anything!"

She sniffled and shook her head, playing with my hair.

"What about showers Gwen? I'll leave the door open and you can see me but I can shower alone. I love showering with you, occasionally. I've had no time to relax the whole time Gwen, can you do this for me angel?" I asked hopefully.

She lifted her head up and made heavy eyecontact. Then she broke into a small smile and a nod of the head.

The next evening, I'd had a long day and needed a bath. Gwendoline, for some reason, had been weirder than usual. She was extremely needed and clingy, refusing to leave me alone.

I went to draw a bath and she appeared next to me.

"I join?" She asks quietly.

"I thought we agreed that baths and showers were alone time baby."

"But cuddles?" She sounded so sad.

"Please Gwenny, can I just have 20 minutes to myself?"

She shook her head, so harshly that she looked like she was going to break her neck.

"Gwen, please!"

"No, what if he comes back?"

"GWEN! ITS BEEN ALMOST 2 MONTHS AND WE ARE ON A TOTALLY DIFFERENT CONTINENT! I love you angel but I haven't had a minute alone since then, and it's difficult. Can I please have just 10 minutes to myself?"

She just climbed into bed and pulled the duvet over her head. Oh.

I decided to just shower instead and after my shower, I crawled into bed with her.

"Gwenny, are you ok?" I whispered but she didn't respond. She wasn't asleep, I could practically feel her heart about to explode.

"Gwen, talk to me please."

No response.

"Gwendoline Tracey Phillipa Christie, talk to me this instant, I'm not dealing with your childishness, all I wanted was 10 minutes to myself."

"You got it so fuck off." She growled and pulled all the duvet away.

What a bitch!

Despite it being my hotel room, and the fact that I OWNED the chain of hotels (we love a woman in business), I left the room to find a new one.

"Hello Miss Spielberg! We dont usually see you this late, especially after work, what can I do for you?" The happy receptionist Rebecca smiles.

"Hey Rebecca, Gwen kicked me out so I need a new room."

"Oh no! Why didn't you challenge her? It's your hotel after all. And I know I'm not supposed to comment but you look exhausted."

"No, I feel it. Gwen has been a real challenge recently and I can't help but I need some alone time ya know? But I just let her have the room, she's been through a lot."

"Well, the only room left is the honeymoon suite, fully booked otherwise." She says, tapping away at her computer.

"Ok, that'll do. I just need a bed to sleep in."

"Would you like someone to talk to, my shift ends in half an hour?" Rebecca asks, looking at me sympathetically.

"Actually yeah, that would be nice. Just knock when you're ready."

I walked back up to mine and Gwens room and went inside to grab some stuff.

Gwen was sat up angrily.

"Where were you?"

"You told me to fuck off, so I did, and got a new room." I shrugged and gathered some clothes and my phone and laptop, along with the chargers. I grabbed my stuff from the bathroom.

I stood at the door to say goodbye.

"I'm gonna go, I'm in the honeymoon suite if you need anything, I love you."

"Bye, have a nice time fucking that receptionist. What's her name? Roberta?" Gwendoline sneered angrily.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?" I was mad.

"I followed you, she was smiling and so were you and then you invited her to your room! And it's been almost 2 months since we last did it!"

"Yeah because everytime I try to start something, you just want cuddles Gwen. I get it, something traumatic happened to you, I've had my fair share of bad experiences but you can't expect me to be there for you for the rest of your life. I mean, of course I'll be there for you but you won't be able to be glued to my side forever. Maybe if you'd accepted my proposal, this would've all been different!"

"SO ITS MY FAULT NOW FOR NOT WANTING TO SETTLE DOWN!? I'm sorry for not wanting to give up my career for you. I've only been in the tv and film industry for about 10 years, you've been in it for how long? You said since you were 5, so 35, almost 36 years! You own a whole ass chain of hotels, you are known everywhere you go, you are kind, you care for anyone you meet, you are literally like the most charitable person I know. Wait when was this me complimenting you? Anyway. Also, how do you expect me to have to deal with all this sudden publicity? I mean I was recognisable clearly, but dating you and us being together and has put me in the spotlight  and it's all overwhelming, I can't do anything, I can barely say stuff anymore without getting hated on. What do you want me to do?"

"YOU ARE OVERWHELMED WITH YOUR SUDDEN LACK OF PRIVACY? IVE NEVER HAD ANY FUCKING PRIVACY GWENDOLINE! I understand how hard it can be to be in the spotlight constantly but you don't get how hard it is to have never understood privacy, having cameras being shoved in your face. If you go online, you can find videos of me from when I was like 4, FROM THE PAPARAZZI! I left the hospital after I tried to kill myself and I got no fucking privacy! There were reporters everywhere! And the only way to get some was not leaving the house for like 5 months! You realise how hard it is to love like that. Lots of celebrities don't always understand because they haven't always been famous but nepotism babies tend to not get any privacy! I love you and I understand that it must be difficult, especially after seeing some of the stuff you used to post on twitter, you know that's going to be all over the Internet in a few years, but you have to understand how hard its been and that it will always be like that. The paparazzi are a disgusting group and i honestly hate them, they are monsters. And the worst part is, you make it sound like you want to break up for that exact reason." Tears came to my eyes.

"Maybe I don't want to be with someone with no privacy, maybe I want to have a partner who I can go out in public with and not be severely harrased. Have a partner who doesn't bring up their attempt to get out of anything cause I can't say anything."

"GET OUT!" I screamed, the tears rolling down my face.

"What?" She seemed, shocked?

"YOU HEARD ME, GET THE HELL OUT OF MY ROOM, MY HOTEL, MY LIFE, I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN GWENDOLINE, I NEVER THOUGHT YOU WERE THIS TOXIC AND RUDE, BUT CLEARLY I WAS WRONG, AND DONT THINK YOU WILL BE GETTING ANYTHING FROM ME, IF I SEE YOU ANYWHERE NEAR ME OR MY WORK, I WILL DESTROY YOU, YOU HEAR ME!"

And the door slammed.

1406 words

DRAMA!!