more father headcanons--slipknot

Start from the beginning

Craig Jones--

-impulsive trips to little boutiques near your house

-on vacations, you're the museum nerds

Shawn Crahan--

-lets you be involved with creative direction for music videos (he loves the story boards and thumbnail sketches you make!)

-little bit tough on you but if you let him know you're a bit overwhelmed or feeling pressured, he'll back off

Mick Thomson--

-not pleased when you get dumped. will slander your ex with you

-he's so proud of you

-like when he sees you play guitar on your own volition, he gets so happy and immediately tells Stacy

-will make fun of you for watching reality shows

Corey Taylor--

-loves to sit outside with you when the weather's nice and draw or paint or listen to music with you

-dad jokes

-unhinged dancing together

bonus! going to a bridal appointment when Jim is your dad:

(can you tell i've been watching say yes to the dress lately?)

You stalk nervously into the appointment with your dad, your best friend Griffin Taylor, and a couple of other friends. 

After talking to the consultant for a while, she turns you and your posse loose into the shop to study dresses. 

Your dad trails along with you for a few moments until he sees a glass case filled with jewelry that he'd like to inspect. Seeing no dresses you particularly feel drawn to, you approach your consultant. 

"Hey, I hate to be so 'not like other girls' about this, but do you happen to have any black dresses? Or gray ones?" you inquire. 

"We don't have that many, but follow me," your consultant smiles. 

...

You've tried on a few dresses, but none of them really clicked. Even a black one you were excited about didn't feel right. 

There's been one dress in the corner of the changing room that's been lurking in the back of your mind, though. You grabbed it for fun because it looked like a dress you saw on the internet a week ago that's an A-line with a white base covered with a few layers of sheer black tulle and lace. It's rather form-fitting at the top, which makes you nervous. 

"Do you want to try any more on, or do you need a break?" the consultant asks, placing a gentle hand on your arm. 

You glare at yourself in the mirror, despising how the fabric grips you. 

"Fuck it. Put me in that one," you point to the black and white dress in the corner with a small smile.

"Oh, finally."

The consultant guides you into the dress, zipping it up and fixing clips around areas where it's loose. 

"Alright, turn around!"

"Oh, holy shit," you exhale as you see yourself. 

That's it.

Jim is slightly nervous as he waits on the couch with Griffin at his side. It hurts to see your excitement diminish with every dress, regardless of the fact that he thought you looked great in each one. 

Suddenly he hears shuffling from the changing room hall that's a bit more fast paced than it was before. 

Then, you fully emerge from the dark hall with a black and white dress that falls around you like it's from a renaissance painting. You do a scan around you before stepping further into the room.

"The consultant's in the bathroom, but I know this is the dress. I fucking found it, whores," you beam at your posse, stepping onto the runway to see yourself in the mirror.

"Whoa, dude, you look amazing. Like, that's actually beautiful," Griffin compliments. 

An eruption of compliments follows from the posse, save Jim, who just cannot breathe.

It just all got so real. His little kiddo is getting married soon, and she looks beautiful. She's radiant. 

He watches as you turn around and look directly at him. 

"Dad, please say something," you ask. You look a bit worried. 

Jim tries to subtly wipe his watery eyes as all he's able to say without his voice breaking is "That's it."

He looks up at you again before he stands up and just engulfs you in a hug. 

"You look so beautiful," he sniffles into your hair. "Shit, this is real now."

...

righty-ho my dear readers

update on the upload schedule: still up in the air, but now that I've had all my classes at least once and kind of an idea of my workload, i think i could still upload something once a week...and that's on being a senior

ALSO, remember the one about slipknot as things my coworker said? yeah that coworker quit :'(

anyway, that's all i got for you today, have a good one <3