𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Start from the beginning

Romeo swims to the far edge and begins talking to him mom and dad, as their attention settled on him my eyes return back to Dario and I slowly lift a hand to my shoulder and begin to caress my skin all while he watches my hand. I begin to lower them to my round breasts and squeeze one of my tits.

Dario lifts the cigarette once again and lowers a hand to his bulge probably trying to settle himself down, my lips lift wickedly at the sight, and just when my hands retreats and drops right back down on the water Romeo swims to me. "Are you ready to get out?" I nod and we both step out of the water.

When Romeo and I get out of the pool, I pick up my cover up from one of the chairs and slip it on, then make my way back over where everybody is sitting. My mom and Alessandra return with salads and vegetables, mom sits down and groans her eyes settle on me. "Ariel can you please go bring the drinks?" I sigh under my breath but do as told and stand, "I'll help." I narrow my eyes at Dario but he trails behind me and we re-enter the house.

Before I even at-least attempt to grab the drinks Dario appears right beside me and grabs them, so I grab the cups instead. "What's happening Dario." I ask quietly and look ahead, from the corner of my eyes I see his eyebrows furrow. "What do you mean?"

"Something tells me we aren't just all gathered here for a family dinner, whats happening?" Dario looks absolutely star-struck with the sudden question, my heart begins to break as he can't even look me in the eyes.

"You need any help fratello?" Luca enters the house and I instantly move away from Dario, he clears his throat clearly uncomfortable but nods and Luca proceeds to help. After we come back outside, we all quickly begin to dig in to the burgers they made and Laura clears her throat to earn a specific pair of eyes. My moms. "So Susanna whats the amazing news you speak of?

My mom shrugs with a tint to bright pink flushing her cheeks as she giggles and wraps an arm around Dario. "We will speak about it during dinner right baby?" Dario nods and pecks her cheek, my stomach drops and at any given moment i'll be vomiting from disgust.

"Speaking of dinner we will be going to one our favorite places, Dario took me there quite a few times." she adds and stares at Dario with a-lot of love and passion. Alessandra and Laura grin at the exchanges, "I think we all know what is gonna be told." they add causing my mom to giggle and hover a finger against her lips.

I blink away the tears stinging my eyes and look down at the plate in-front of me. My blood is boiling with anger and I can feel my heart shatter in millions of pieces. I was an idiot for having sex him with last night. A fucking idiot. This is exactly what he wanted.

I look up furiously and his eyes settle on me, I swipe away a tear that manage to stroll down my face and his face only frowns with concern. Dario begins to choke on air and all eyes turn to him, my mom lands a hand on his back rubbing it back and forth trying to ease him. "Baby whats wrong?"

"I think the food made me a little ill." he quietly mutters and takes a sip of his water but continues to choke, Dario gets up and dips a hand to his chest. "Excuse me." and before letting anybody respond he walks back inside.

"What was all that about?" Alessandra whispers with concernment, Luca shushes her and shakes his head but mom either way hears and shrugs. "I'm not exactly sure...."

•••

A soft knock approaches my door with a quick 'come in' Romeo enters my room looking very banishing which isn't much of a surprise, I look at him through this mirror and whistle. Romeo chuckles and rolls his eyes. "You ready yet." I turn around, nodding. "Yeah I think I am." I reach for my purse and hang it over my shoulder.

I walk over to the edge of my bed and sit momentarily to slip my heels on, I get right back up and soothe the black dress with my sweaty palm. "Hey are you okay?" I look up at a curious Romeo and I nod. "Yeah i'm fine."

We arrive to the restaurant and wait for a good minute or so before the waiter is trailing us to the further booth away, Dario lifts my moms hand and walks her to her chair before bending down and kissing her on her cheek.

Fuck I can't do this. I just can't. I shut my eyes and take a deep and long breath. "You don't look so well." Romeo whispers quietly in my ear and I sit upright not refusing to show any sighs of weakness or at the fact that i'm completely torn, "I'm fine I promise." I assure.

After about a good hour or so of eating our food the look written all over Laura and Alessandras faces were readable. They are excited for whats to come next. Laura clears her throat and motions to the couple with excitement. "Come on Susanna tell us what the big news are." she pleads with a-lot of curiosity. "- Yeah fratello tell us." Matteo adds eagerly as well while his eyes settle on Dario.

My mom giggles and turns towards Dario who's smiling at her and motions for her to talk, she gives a quick kiss to his cheek and turns to the family. "We finally have chosen a date." her voice squeals with excitement.

Both woman gasp and stand, walking quickly over to her and give her a hug, "Congratulations! and when is the wedding?" they both as at the same time meanwhile Luca and Matteo stand, walking over to Dario who gives their shoulder a nice squeeze in response.

"July thirteen." my mom bubbles out with teary eyes, and both woman cry along with her while continuing to hug her and shout with excitement. Meanwhile I sink into my chair and grasp onto the edges of the table with a rapidly beating heart. My throat closes and a heartache fills my heart.

I lift my eyes with the littlest strength I have left and look at Dario, with disbelief and horror. Dario stares momentarily back and it takes everything in me not to ruin this moment between them. He picked. I told him to pick. I shouldn't be surprised he didn't pick me.

After all I am solely just the other woman.

𓆩♡𓆪