13: Fairwell

A/n the song mentioned is one of my favorites and is linked above.
-------

Combat raged through the Nemesis as Shockwave ran with me through the halls. Vehicons darted past us, and blaster fire rained all around.

"Y/D, get to the flight deck." Shockwave said as he opened fired on the attacking Autobots.

"I am not leaving you!" I snapped.

"I will meet you there. Go!"

"But -"

"It is illogical to argue. Go!" I huffed at him but complied, spotting Predaking with a beaten Ratchet on the flight deck.

"Predaking!" I called, catching his attention. "What are you doing?!"

"I am serving justice for the enihalation of our kind!" Predaking barked back.

"Predaking, they were tricked." I said, kneeling down next to Ratchet and looking over his injuries. Thankfully, they weren't too severe, but he was definitely going to be in a lot of pain.

"Eldarth, what are you saying?" Predaking asked, a confused look on his face.

"Megatron tricked the Autobots into attacking the lab and destroying it." I said, Ratchet looking up at me in surprise. I helped the medic up, Ratchet wiping the energon from his intake and looking at us with curiosity.

"I... he betrayed us?!" Predaking said in shock.

"He did. He betrayed us and Shockwave by using my condition as leverage."

"What... what must I do?"

"I have one last lesson for you, young Drakas." I said, placing a servo on his shoulder. "When your mind does not know what to do, follow your spark. It will guide you through the toughest of decisions." Predaking nodded, and after a pause, he took off inside the Nemesis. I felt my systems crash hard, my frame hitting the flightdeck and my spark pound in my helm. Ratchet ran over to me and had a massive look of concern.

"Optimus, the Eldarth is down, and I believe Predaking is going after Megatron. We have to hurry." Ratchet said through a comlink. "Stay with me, Eldarth, just a little longer, okay?"

"Where... where's.... S-Shockwave?" I asked, my limbs going numb as I struggled to stay online. I heard the sound of heavy pedesteps run to me, Shockwave kneeling down.

"Ratchet, get out of here. I will stay with Y/D." Shockwave said, pulling me close to his chassis. Ratchet nodded and ran off, leaving us alone on the flight deck. I gingerly wrapped my arms around Shockwave and rested my helm on his chassis, the numbness now becoming cold as it crept up.

"Sh... Shockwave... I... cant... die here." I said with a soft whimper. "Not... yet."

"Y/D, you do not have much time, but I ask that you stay with us just a little longer." Shockwave said, injecting me with a final dose of treatment. I felt Shockwave sling me over his shoulder and guided me to a sheltered section of the Nemesis. He then leaned me against a wall and held me close as the sounds of battle raged on. I then heard him softly sing one of the songs I had taught him and Predaking.

"And we were bold
Over the world
We were flying through the satellites
We had ahold
Of the lightning strikes
When we should have been afraid of heights
And I was trying just to get you
And now I'm dying to forget you
Cause I knew I couldn't catch you
So I left the sky
And I fell behind. "

I looked up at Shockwave and smiled as I joined in.

"We were one in the same
Running like moths to the flame
You'd hang on every word I'd say
But now they only ricochet
We were falling away
You left me with a bittersweet taste
But when I send my heart your way
It bounces off the walls you made
Ricochet"

Shockwave then rested his helm on me as he continued the song.

"If I was whole
I'd turn right now
I'd forget it and just walk away
Cause I've been told
That I'm dragging it out
But I've been dying just to see your face
And all I wanted was to say "goodbye"
Into the fortress, and you're stuck behind
And in the silence now, I realize
That after all, I built the wall. "

I clung to him tightly as the words continued to flow like tears from optics.

"We were one in the same
Running like moths to the flame
You'd hang on every word I'd say
But now they only ricochet
You were falling away
You left me with a bittersweet taste
But when I send my heart your way
It bounces off the walls you made
Ricochet"

I felt my sparkrate start to slow, the cold crawling up my legs and my arms.

"All these broken souls
They never make me whole
They don't, they don't know my heart
They don't know my heart
All these broken souls
Each one more beautiful
They don't, they don't know my heart
They don't know my heart
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful
But they won't, they won't know my heart
It's the darkest part. "

I clung to him tightly, tears pouring out as I felt the life threaten to leave my frame. I took in a shaky vent and quietly sang the last chorus.

"We were one in the same
Running like moths to the flame
You'd hang on every word I'd say
But now they only ricochet
You were falling away
You left me with a bittersweet taste
But when I send my heart your way
It bounces off the walls you made
Ricochet"

Suddenly, the ship lurched forward as we went through the space bridge, hovering over cybertron. Shockwave then helped me up, and we both went to the edge, looking down as a brilliant beam from the remade Omega Lock fired into the core of Cybertron. A beautiful blue glow ignited from the core, and I watched with tears in my optics as my home returned to life.

"It... it's back." I said with a soft whisper, my frame giving out and falling. Shockwave caught me and lowered me to the floor of the flight deck. "The... Hunting Grounds call me." I whispered, the cold now eating at my tanks.

"Before you go, there is an illogical thing I must admit to you." Shockwave said, tears dripping from his optic. "I... I love you."

"I love you too, Shockwave. I... hope to see you... with.... the others." I whispered, my optics closing and my spark sputtering out. My frame turned from its brilliant colors to gunmetal gray, and I was no more.

--------
Bonus
------
I awoke in a field of green grass. The pain I had felt for so long was gone, and I could move freely. I sat up and looked around, a great figure appearing before me that I recognized as the Lord of Beasts. I jumped to my pedes in shock, Onyx Prime chuckling at my astonishment.

"We have been waiting a long time for you, Y/D." Onyx said. "Your kin await you."

"But... what about Shockwave?" I asked sadly.

"He will come, I promise. For now, I believe there is someone who has been missing you since you were a sparkling."

"Y/D!" I heard my carrier call me, and I instantly transformed and ran to her.

"Carrier!" I cried in joy.

"I am so proud of you, Y/D."

---------
The end

A/n I'M NOT CRYING YOU'RE CRYING! 😭