1: Arrival

The hulking warlord stood expectantly as the glowing green portal of the space bridge opened up, out stepping his cherry red medic.

"Knockout. Did you find something?" Megatron growled.

"Some things, and some ones." Knockout said, stepping aside as Shockwave and I entered. I stood two helms taller than the scientist with neatly folded dragon like wings pressed flat against my back and dullish (f/c) optics. I looked down at the others who seemed quite taken aback by us.

"Shockwave, this is an unexpected turn of events." the warlord said as he approached the scientist. "I thought you had perished on Cybertron."

"I would have, if not for Y/D." Shockwave said, my helm bowing towards the warlord. I knew of Megatron but never met him personally. "After I was blinded and badly wounded by the Autobots and the space bridge explosion, I was found by him. He assisted me in healing me and furthering my research."

"And who exactly is this Y/D?" The scrawny seeker I identified as Starscream asked. I glared at him and bared my sharp fangs.

"Someone who is far, far too old for your nonsense." I growled, my deep rumbling voice catching Starscream by surprise. It was true, I had been alive since the Great Cataclysm,  but they didn't need to know that.

"Pay him no mind Y/D." Megatron said, I could smell the anxiety from him, although he did a fantastic job of hiding it from his face. "Any friend of Shockwave's is a friend of mine." I simply nodded in response. Megatron studied me curiously, I could tell he had a lot of questions on his mind that I was far too tired to deal with. I let out a tired sigh and gently grabbed my helm as it started to sting. I shook off the pain as I sensed Shockwave looking at me, his audials signaling his concern.

"Is something, uh, wrong?" Starscream asked hesitantly. I nodded to Shockwave, giving him permission to tell them.

"Y/D is suffering from age related ailments. He can still engage in combat if necessary, but it would be illogical for him to stray far from my side as I have been managing his treatments."

"Then what use is he?" Starscream growled, getting on my last nerve. I slowly stepped towards the seeker and let out a low growl.

"Do not take me for a fool Starscream, you abandoned Shockwave and left him for dead. Despite my age, I could easily tear you apart! Explain yourself as to why Shockwave was abandoned and left all alone, and you better make it quick!" I snarled, getting dangerously close to the seeker.

"B-but the power core collapsed, and no one saw him come out when he ran in! I assumed he went offline in the explosion!" Starscream panickingly exclaimed.

"His argument is... logical." Shockwave said. I let out a beastial snort at Starscream and then returned to Shockwave's side.

"Intimidating, isn't he?" Knockout said in a hushed voice to the slender silent mech known as Soundwave. I snorted in amusement at his comment, my audials twitching on my helm. I then followed Megatron and Shockwave through the halls, eventually coming to a large laboratory.

"I shall have a berth prepared for your companion, Shockwave. In the meantime, perhapse, you can assist me in acquiring information from a certain Wrecker we had recently captured." Megatron said.

"Shockwave, may I rest here for the time being and set everything up?" I asked.

"It would be the most logical conclusion, I shall return shortly." Shockwave said, the two mechs leaving me alone in the lab. I began getting to work on setting up the lab as Shockwave liked it, everything neat, and his data pads I had brought along nicely stacked. I made sure everything was in perfect order for when he returned. I then went to go find him and spotted him down the hall.

"Shockwave, you seem troubled." I said, a concerned look on my face as I approached the one optic mech.

"It is illogical to concern yourself with my wellbeing at this time." Shockwave said, his adorable audials flicking in response.

"You know I worry." I said. "I'm assuming you were unable to extract the information from this Wrecker bot?"

"He does not know anything. I was about to report my findings to Lord Megatron."

"Then I shall accompany you, your lab is set up, and everything is in proper order." I said.

"You should be resting." Shockwave protested in his monotone voice.

"Illogical, I said I'd stay by your side as much as possible ever since I found you, I intend on keeping that promise." I said. Shockwave shook his helm and allowed me to follow him to where Megatron had his throne. I curiously watched as Shockwave approached him, Starscream hesitantly watching as I observed from a distance.

"Lord Megatron, the cortical psychic patch failed to yield any new information on the Autobots whereabouts." Shockwave said.

"I see. Perhapse, more drastic measures are in order?" Megatron said.

"I may have a solution, if I may." I said, stepping towards Shockwave and the throne. I then looked at Shockwave, silently asking for permission, to which he nodded. "While we were isolated on Cybertron, Shockwave and I have been working on a rather unique project using the endomatter of deceased Predacons. Shockwave has been able to produce a fully developed Predacon. We only need to retrieve it from his lab on Cybertron." I said, my wings twitching excitedly.

"Shockwave, I would like to see this beast you have created for myself. However, I would like for Y/D to remain here while you retrieve it." I looked over to Shockwave and then back to Megatron in confusion and slight anxiety. "I only wish to speak to you Y/D, nothing more."

"I um, as you wish, sir." I said hesitantly, Shockwave giving me a reassuring nod.

"I will return shortly with the Predacon." Shockwave said as he departed.