Eventually, James got our room key and stomped out the room with a pissed expression on his face

I tried to hold in my giggles as I followed James through the door and back out into the pouring rainstorm. I'd taken four steps when He grabbed the top of my arms and slammed me against a wall. I was about to let out a whimper at the bruise, when I saw his face. Rain water was running town his hair, across the defined lines of his face and the upset tilt of his lips. I opened my mouth.... And closed it.

And suddenly, he was kissing me. His lips and tongue that were boiling to the touch seared against mine, cold from the rain. He pulled me up and stepped closer, between my legs, which I wrapped around him. I twisted my fingers into his hair. My heart beat erratically, and butterflies broke in my stomach. Lights were going off inside my head, making my skin feel blistering where he touched it. I felt the warmth, the heat of his hands through the soaked t-shirt that clung to my skin in places I wished James could.

......I felt something.

When Damian kissed me, there was nothing. Nothing at all. Here, my heart was beating fast, my butterflies going crazy, my skin burning. I cared about James so much. When he tried to shelter me from the rain at the expense of getting himself sick, watching him be uncomfortable, the way he held me, not to hurt me, and the way this kiss was making me feel...

Like I was starting to love him

I was starting to, I knew I didn't love him with all my heart, but I was starting to, and it terrified me. The only people that can hurt you are the people that can touch a piece of you. And if I was falling for James, I was giving him my heart, so only he could break it.

I gasped when James pulled away, shocked at my revelation. "Sorry," he whispered, breathless, although he sounded anything but. "I just had to get the taste of Cougar out of my mouth."

"And did it work?" I asked, my voice barely there.

"No."

I felt my face fall, and I felt a stab of pain. "Why?"

"Because now I'm craving YOU." he said the word 'craving' with such emphasis that it made my flesh flash in warmth and awareness that the man between my legs was simply that- all man.

He leaned down, and those burning hot lips touched the hollow at the base of my throat, brushing their way up to my ear. I bit my lip, arching my back and tilting my jaw.

"Hmm." he breathed over the corner of my jaw and I gasped as his teeth grazed the soft flesh just below.

The muscles in my thighs quivered as I pulled him closer. What the hell was he doing to me? His lips took form where my throat met my shoulder, and I felt him gently suck on the skin. I felt cold rivets of rainwater form the line his lips made on my flesh, making my muscles feel weak and the hot and cold sensation. "James..." I moaned, unable to stop myself. I felt him smirk. I turned my face towards him, causing him to look up, and I kissed him.

My right hand went from around his neck to his jacket, and I slid my hand inside the jacket, around his back, feeling his warmth through his wet shirt. "Your cold." he gasped when he pulled away. I looked at him with heated eyes, wanting him to warm me up...

"We should get inside." and with that, he stepped away, forcing me to put my feet back on the ground. I took deep breaths while he tried to restore order to his hair. "Come on, Kat." he whispered, and put an arm around me. We trudged through the down pour to our room on the second floor. He pulled out the key and opened the door. It wasn't half bad. There was a living room, with an old blue leather couch facing a box set TV, and off to its right was a bedroom with a double bed. The walls were painted a darkish beige.